Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2012, 09:35 AM   #1

mount flat screen

We own a Wildwood 26tbss and want to mount a flat screen in the swivel cabinet. What type of mount can be used? It doesn't appear that very long screws can be used.
saintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintman
We own a Wildwood 26tbss and want to mount a flat screen in the swivel cabinet. What type of mount can be used? It doesn't appear that very long screws can be used.
If it is like mine, the back side if the swivel mount comes off..then you will find a thin skeet of luan plywood..once you drill your mounting holes from the front of the swivel cabinet thru the 1/2 inch plywood, make sure they go thru not only the mounting surface but also thru the luan..once you know where the holes are, use a hole saw to enlarge the holes in the luan large enough to place a fender washer on the bolt used to attach the tv mount from the front and then tighten a lock nut on bolt.. Replace swivel cabinet back and you are good to go.. I have photos if interested..
STGCM(SW) USN Ret 30 yrs.
Adony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:09 PM   #3

Mounting Photos

The attached photos show the mount from the front, the holes thru the luan for the fender washers / lock nuts from the back side and the finished product.. Our swivel cabinet has a mirror on the reverse side and it came off with 4 screws..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOUNT.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	12961   Click image for larger version

Name:	LUAN.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	12962   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	12963  
Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 PM   #4

Mount flat screen tv ?

Thanks ! Adony... Bought a low profile tilt mount today. I'll install this weekend. Pictures were helpful. My cabinet front is a piece of finished wood.
Stman
saintman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 09:32 AM   #5

Had the same question. Thanks Adony!
Vfr1999_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:00 AM   #6

So is there plywood in the swivel cabinet and how did you know where it was located?
jking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #7

I think so. My mount came with two wood screws that were the perfect length. Maybe three,four inches. Put two in and it's solid. Our tv is on the smaller size so it's fine for us. Worked great this weekend. I take the tv off when we tow in/out. Hope that helps.
Vfr1999_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:18 PM   #8

Swivel box

The mounting surface within the swivel box is the 1/2 plywood...and plenty strong if mounts are backed with large fender washers / nylock nuts... I have attempetd to diagram how my swivel box was constructed... Keep in mind that the back of the 1/2" plywood was not accessable until the mirror was removed (4 screws) and the luan plywood was hole sawed to access the back of the 1/2" plywood where the washers / nuts went..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	swvel.jpg
Views:	330
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	13760