Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-20-2011, 11:12 AM   #1

Multiple waste tanks

Just about to take delivery of a Wildwood DLX 426-2B that has a front bathroom and a back bathroom. We have two sewer outlets - one front and one back.

The manual that came with it is useless - nothing on multiple tanks. Dealer staff will give us a run through tomorrow when they deliver but "if they aren't familiar with this - they are the first new 426-2B's delivered here ........."

I noticed that there is only one valve (that I could see) in the front but two in the back. I "assume" then that the front tank is a dual grey/black tank. The specs say 77 gallon grey and 77 gallon black capacity. Again - I assume this means the total of the combined black/grey front and separate black and grey in the back? When I start thinking about this I get a bit concerned about the possibilities.

Many of the things I'm now concerned about should have been resolved during our search and decision period but we were actually trying to decide from a list of at least 6 different units and went from unit to unit for several hours eliminating one at a time and in some cases couldn't remember which units had which options (started with a longer list of units yet).

Advice on dealing with multiple tanks (and what anyone thinks or knows our tank config might be) would be appreciated.

As I noted in my stabilizer post I'm going to be a PITA until I get my feet on the ground on this unit. A lot of things are identical or similar to the 5 MH's we've had but some of the issues are unique to TT's.

Thanks

GR.
grandriver125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:00 AM   #2
PINTO

My camper has two outlets with three tanks. Tanks are sewage, galley and waste water. I simply dump the sewage first, get it clean and then dump the galley which is from the kitchen and then the waste water which is from the sink and shower in the bath room. I purchased a "Y" connector that I use at the end of each hose in to the camp ground tank. Two hoses with the "Y" keep you from having to connect and disconnect hoses. At first I really didn't care for the two outlets on the camper but it's not bad the way I have it set up.
Chevy 3500 LT Dually
Kpinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 09:18 AM   #3

Your Black and Grey will be separate tanks, we have 5 tanks on ours and two outlet connections. You can either use a Y as Kpinto said, or move the hose, or at some campgrounds they now have two sewer hookups spaced for a front and a back connection. Process is still the same dump the black then the grey/galley, then move to the next tank connection. On a Y setup dump both black before the gray.
2023 Road Glide ST
camper_Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #4

I have the Y. Turns out there are 4 tanks after all. The front black tank has two gates on it which is unusual - I certainly haven't seen this before. First one is right at the tank and second one is at the discharge exit along with the front grey gate. Back tanks are standard with the black having only one gate.

Wish they'd provide the tank sizes.

A major disappointment is "no black flush." The brochure says all the DLX models have a black flush. All but mine I guess.

GR
Old 11-23-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
Villa Estate 392FLFB

sounds like a spaghetti nightmare of lines!
Old 11-23-2011, 07:06 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
sounds like a spaghetti nightmare of lines!
It actually worked out better than I expected - but I haven't used it yet.

What did annoy me today was buying another set of sewer hoses and their spec of 2 x 10 ft (Camco) is a laugh. To get 10 feet out of a section it is stretched so much that I just could not stand to look at it - so used 2 x 10 for a 10 ft run.

Going to do that to the other side as well.

The DLX brochure says we have black flush system but where it is, darned if I can find it (no doubt that when I call FR and ask they will say "well, sorry, your model doesn't have it"). Manuals are useless of course - too generic. May now have some use for my Flush King that would not fit my last two MH's.

GR
Old 11-23-2011, 08:42 PM   #7
Villa Estate 392FLFB

if you are on a permanent location the best is to use the black pvc pipe with proper risers etc. just flows better lol
Old 11-23-2011, 08:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Stuff View Post
if you are on a permanent location the best is to use the black pvc pipe with proper risers etc. just flows better lol
I agree completely and put some thought into that today. The problem is that our park proposes to re-institure a rule that every trailer and motorhome must be tied down and skirted if not removed from the lot in the off season. If we do either tie it down and/or skirt the MH no insurance company will cover it and we have to go without insurance. If we don't tie it down it will have to be moved to our storage area - something I don't look forward to because it is over 40 ft long (and we will have to get someone to do it for us).

If this rule doesn't pass then I'll look at pvc pipe. I've been wondering about the pvc anyway if it could be installed so it can be disconnected. We have the park model on the adjoining lot and could store it under the PM in the off season.

Any idea how much work would be involved?

Tx

GR
Old 05-03-2012, 08:17 AM   #9
UpNorthMgoBlue

If your worried about insurance for a trailer that is on permanent site, look at Foremost, they have a program that will work for you. I am an agent and you should be able to find a foremost rep in your town.
dlzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlzeller View Post
If your worried about insurance for a trailer that is on permanent site, look at Foremost, they have a program that will work for you. I am an agent and you should be able to find a foremost rep in your town.
None in Florida. I assume they aren't licensed in Florida.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:57 PM   #11
UpNorthMgoBlue

Yep, I just checked and not licensed in Florida. Did you try progressive?
dlzeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:03 PM   #12

Yes I did. Nationwide is a bit cheaper and has (according to my FL agent) a slightly better policy. Neither will insure if the trailers is blocked and/or skirted and/or tied down (just one causes them to cancel). Yet, if I haul it to our storage yard the coverage continues. Kind of silly frankly.