Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2018, 04:31 PM   #1

Need keys for Wildwood DLX

I bought a 2012 Wildwood DLX through an auction and of course it didn't have the door keys with it. How would I go about getting keys for the 2 doors and sliding glass door or am I going to need to replace the entire lock?
Wayne O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:07 PM   #2

is there a number engraved on the cylinder to tell you which key code it takes?

side note they may not all be the same key. I had a toy hauler where every door took a different key.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 02:33 PM   #3

can you get into it? if so most of the locks can be unscrewed from the inside. once you take the metal cover plates off there is normally a sticker on the lock itself with the key code. and as mentioned, they may or may not be the same key code.

if you can get to the lock try rvlocksandmore.com for help getting keys

finally, this depends on the lock. but if there are two key slots on the outside the one for the deadbolt is the one that needs the key code. the other is a generic salesman lock that any key keyed for the various deadbolt key codes will open / close

what about the locks for the storage compartment? do you have them? they could also be generic with just about every stock rv having the same key.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:53 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I was on a business trip the last few days so I'll check the cylinders to get the key codes.
Old 09-27-2018, 09:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICKDOE View Post
can you get into it? if so most of the locks can be unscrewed from the inside. once you take the metal cover plates off there is normally a sticker on the lock itself with the key code. and as mentioned, they may or may not be the same key code.

if you can get to the lock try rvlocksandmore.com for help getting keys

finally, this depends on the lock. but if there are two key slots on the outside the one for the deadbolt is the one that needs the key code. the other is a generic salesman lock that any key keyed for the various deadbolt key codes will open / close

what about the locks for the storage compartment? do you have them? they could also be generic with just about every stock rv having the same key.
I took the inside cover off and got the key codes to the doors. Of course, they aren't the same (what's up with that?) and ordered them through rvlocksandmore.com. The locks for the 2 storage areas also need keys but there is no code on those locks. Guess I'll just replace those locks?
Old 09-28-2018, 08:02 AM   #6

you can also order a new door lock with a key code that matches the other door so that both doors are keyed alike and can use the same key. it's easy to replace the lock from the inside. just a couple more bolts to undo. our trailer has two doors that came with two locks using two different keys. can you imagine how many key you would need for you car if car makers didn't match the doors, trunk, and ignition?

as far as the keys for the storage bins, you can probably ask any other rv'er if they have some extras. it seems that all the stock storage locks use the same key. you can order them online also.
Old 09-28-2018, 06:13 PM   #7

The storage compartments probably have a 751 key just like most of the rest of us. If you know someone that has an Rv to borrow their key to get duplicates made or go to a locksmith. I stopped at a local locksmith and he had a bunch premade and charged me about $2 each.
Makes you feel good about storage bay security doesn't it?
BarabooBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood