Old 03-15-2020, 01:32 PM   #1

New 2020 Wildwood 27RKS Issues

We just bought a new Wildwood 27RKS. We really like the camper. We are in Florida from Michigan and traded in our older camper for this one. We have had a few issues with it.

The worst one so far is we were getting an intermittent bad sewer smell, not in the bathroom but in the hallway and bedroom. Finally tracked it down to the black tank vent on the roof. When the roof membrane was installed, they placed it over the whole roof and then added the vents. Instead of removing the membrane covering the vent, they just made a slice in it and it would reseal. Removed the covers and cut out the extra membrane and sealed up the gap around the pipe. Problem solved.

The water heater does not have an electric shutoff switch inside the camper. The only switch is in the outside panel for the water heater. I am planning on putting a switch in when we get back home.

There is very little insulation in the walls. When the sun is shining on the wall, they get very warm. Not much I can do about it, though.

I replaced the toilet with a Dometic 320. That was money well spent.

There is a gouge in the solid surface countertop, but Lazy Days RV is supposed to replace the countertop instead of trying to patch it.

Overall, it seems to be a pretty decent travel trailer. I know they all have their issues and problems, mostly because of quality control issues and lack of caring in manufacturing.

I know it's a long post, but it helps to vent sometimes.

Tom989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #2
Commercial Member

Tom989,

Thank you for being a part of the Wildwood family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Wildwood. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Miranda Blackburn in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...01430605464979.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River

ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 12:40 PM   #3

I appreciate your reply but I don't know what she can do to address my concerns. I have emailed her before and she was very helpful with some information I requested.

I was wondering why there is a 50 amp service instead of a 30 amp service. There is only one A/C unit. It is set up the same as any other camper with a 30 amp service. I have a 30 amp electrical protector and needed to use an adapter for the 50 amp cord. I would like to replace the entire service with a 30 amp. The 50 amp cord is very heavy and awkward and I'm not as young as I used to be. We spent the last two months living in it in Florida and had no issues with using the 30 electrical protector.

Is there any reason I am not aware of as why there is a 50 amp instead of a 30 amp?
Old 03-22-2020, 03:15 PM   #4
Head Rambler

If the weight and handling of the 50 amp service cable is the problem, you could make a 30' 30 amp cable with 30 amp 120 volt RV plug on the pedestal end and a 50 amp twist lock receptacle to match the plug on the RV end. It would amount to a 30' 30 amp to 50 amp adapter. Really no different than you're doing now except that you won't have to drag out the 50 amp cord each time.

As for that RV having 50 amp service, I bet it's prewired for a second A/C and when you decide you need it, you'll be glad that it's already set up for 50 amp service.
Old 03-22-2020, 04:28 PM   #5

I appreciate the input and I will probably make up a cord as you suggest. As for the second A/C, I have no plans on adding a second one and being a 27' travel trailer, there doesn't seem to be any room for a second one. The single A/C kept the camper comfortable up to the mid 80s with Florida humidity. Now that I'm back in Michigan I will have the time to do the few things I want to do to the camper.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:32 PM   #6

Just picked ours up end of February. Haven't been able to camp yet, but have already had a water leak coming in the light fixture in the bedroom. They put some more seal on the roof and send the rear AC wasn't snugged down to the roof. Took it in Friday and brought it home same day. We'll see what happens. Really want to camp in it to check everything out.

BuckeyeDude23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood