Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #21

We must have really had a generous dealership. My TT came with a TV, power cord, sewer hose, Lynx Levelers, toilet paper, etc...

I guess it really wasnt free...In the grand scheme of things

TV = 2016 F-150 5.0L SCREW
Pit Crew: DW (Robin)
Kids: 9yo DD (Riley), 5yo DD (Kennedy)
Security: Boxer (Harley), yorkie (Willow)
BlakeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:00 PM   #22

Our dealer puts in a power cord, sewer hose, toilet chemicals ans paper, and a 5 gallon bucket. And a water hose.
John4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:28 PM   #23

I go for the orientation tomorrow. I will try to squeeze some things out of them. See what they try to sell me and what I can haggle.
Fahmain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 06:59 AM   #24

If you buy anything from the dealer get the screen vents and have them put them on free. They are easy to install anyway but that's an easy haggle. I get my supplies from amazon and Walmart.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:10 AM   #25
Mod free 5er

Some of the aforementioned items and a payment book with many pages in it.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:10 AM   #26

Write a list of things you would like to have changed or added.I had the furniture changed to the darker color & had them add a fantastic fan.But write your list so you don't walk out & forget something.
ch6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #27

Word of advice,towing that camper with a half ton. Install air bags on the truck they are cheap and will make towing much easier on that truck.
ch6989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 07:18 AM   #28

Try to get them to include a sewer hose, propane fill, battery, electrical adapters (50amp to 30, 30 to 15...), initial tank holding deodorizer, water hose, water regulator most include all of this. Get anything you can get.
Old 05-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Some of the aforementioned items and a payment book with many pages in it.
What's a payment book?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #30

My dealer threw in the WDH. I told my salesman, who we dealt with last year when we bought our pop up, that I did not want the camper my wife was looking at because I did not want to get a WDH. We ended up buying the one my wife wanted. This was initially set before we agreed to buy the camper so I know it was built into the price. Other than that we got a sample of toilet chemical.

I didn't want anything else thrown in for "free". I would rather go out and buy exactly what I want.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #31
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
What's a payment book?
Last one I had was when I bought my new 81 El Camino and it had 36 pages@$81.24.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #32

I got the sewer hose, power cable, and power adapter. That's it.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:32 AM   #33

Thanks everyone! I pick it up yesterday and made the 7hr drive home. Did well. I got a box with a sewer hose, TP, brass regulator and some sanitizer for the tank. So not bad. They said they were going to de-winterize it but I looked and it still has the red anti-freeze in it. So I am going to do it myself. I looked in the manual and it seems pretty easy. Drain the holding tanks, fill fresh water tank, turn on pump, let it run through the pipes and then drain tanks.

I ran into this issue. There is a nozzle in the front by one of the tanks and beside the nozzle is a hose. I closed the nozzle and tried to fill the tank up and about 6 min later the minitor was still indicating that the tank is empty. Then the hose beside the nozzle started to expel water. So I thought it was overflowing or something so I opened the nozzle as in the picture to allow it to drain faster.

So what am I doing wrong? I can't seem to fill the fresh water tank without that hose part draining.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:35 PM   #34

So addition to not being able to get the pump to work, or the sensors in the tank to work, the toilet is leaking. Possibly a broken toilet valve. Great!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fahmain View Post
So addition to not being able to get the pump to work, or the sensors in the tank to work, the toilet is leaking. Possibly a broken toilet valve. Great!
*Gulp* I hate to ask at this point, but did you take a PDI checklist with you? [there is one in the library: Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist]

When I read your previous post about not letting the dealer dewinterize I kinda winced and hoped that your plumbing system(s) would function correctly.

At this point, I recommend you call the dealer and explain the situation; be prepared to make a return trip to the dealer with TT in tow.

Please keep us posted
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 07:13 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by HSVBamaBob View Post
*Gulp* I hate to ask at this point, but did you take a PDI checklist with you? [there is one in the library: Forest River Forums - Downloads - PDI Checklist]

When I read your previous post about not letting the dealer dewinterize I kinda winced and hoped that your plumbing system(s) would function correctly.

At this point, I recommend you call the dealer and explain the situation; be prepared to make a return trip to the dealer with TT in tow.

Please keep us posted

Yeah I didn't have time to go over it all as we live 7 hrs away and were leaving asap. I think the toilet issue is a simple fix that I can do which I am going to call and see if they allow it most likely is a metal strap that just needs to be replaced and tightened. And I think the pump issue might be because the valves are closed I believe. I'll keep you guys updated. Other than those 2 issues. The trailer is great.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #37
PPST OGCDG

Quote:
Thanks everyone! I pick it up yesterday and made the 7hr drive home. Did well. I got a box with a sewer hose, TP, brass regulator and some sanitizer for the tank. So not bad. They said they were going to de-winterize it but I looked and it still has the red anti-freeze in it. So I am going to do it myself. I looked in the manual and it seems pretty easy. Drain the holding tanks, fill fresh water tank, turn on pump, let it run through the pipes and then drain tanks.

I ran into this issue. There is a nozzle in the front by one of the tanks and beside the nozzle is a hose. I closed the nozzle and tried to fill the tank up and about 6 min later the minitor was still indicating that the tank is empty. Then the hose beside the nozzle started to expel water. So I thought it was overflowing or something so I opened the nozzle as in the picture to allow it to drain faster.

So what am I doing wrong? I can't seem to fill the fresh water tank without that hose part draining.

That hose is suppose to be the over flow.

The Hose with the Valve is the Drain
Frank-VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:16 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank-VA View Post
That hose is suppose to be the over flow.

The Hose with the Valve is the Drain
Yeah, I filled it up for a good 8 minutes and kept checking the monitor. It kept saying empty. Even when the overflow was pouring water out.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:19 AM   #39
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Yeah, I filled it up for a good 8 minutes and kept checking the monitor. It kept saying empty. Even when the overflow was pouring water out.
I remember running across a thread last year about a situation like that. The overflow was causing a siphon effect and no water was staying in the tank. I don't remember what the resolution was though but I think it ultimately ended up going back to the dealer and having them fix it.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:20 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
I remember running across a thread last year about a situation like that. The overflow was causing a siphon effect and no water was staying in the tank. I don't remember what the resolution was though but I think it ultimately ended up going back to the dealer and having them fix it.
I think that is going to have to be the plan.

Tags
camper