Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2020, 05:54 PM   #1
Bashful365

New delivery Heritage Glen 36FL

Purchased a Heritage Glen 36FL a couple of weeks ago. Supposed to take delivery Saturday but when they brought it up to connect, water was leaking out of a hole in the underbelly. Service manager said they would have to pull it and find out why it was leaking at all. Shouldn’t have water in it yet. We will see. And about that unplanned hole in the underbelly? Hmmm
Old 02-23-2020, 06:03 PM   #2

Hmmmmm... is right. There might be insulation under there that got soaked with water. The problem is... you don't know how much water, how it got there or how long it's been sloshing around in there.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashful365 View Post
Purchased a Heritage Glen 36FL a couple of weeks ago. Supposed to take delivery Saturday but when they brought it up to connect, water was leaking out of a hole in the underbelly. Service manager said they would have to pull it and find out why it was leaking at all. Shouldn’t have water in it yet. We will see. And about that unplanned hole in the underbelly? Hmmm
We expect to take delivery of our Heritage Glen 36FL later this week. Please let us know what the source of the leak is.
BlainoMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #4
Bashful365

New 36FL with water issues

I hope to find out today. the Service Manager said to call back today and they would have an answer to the water leak.
Bashful365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:21 AM   #5

im almost positive they wet test them at the factory so having some residual water wouldn't be a total shocker. my heritage glen doesn't have visible insulation under the cloroplast that would be soaked.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 09:39 AM   #6
Bashful365

Will do.
Old 02-25-2020, 11:42 PM   #7
Bashful365

update to leaking 36 FL

OK, here is the update. the hole in the underbelly WAS supposed to be there. There is a drain tube there. It was just not out as far as it should have been. The hose was draining overflow water from a tank due to the way the RV was angled. So, nothing to worry about at the moment. We are relieved. the service department at the dealer explained to my satisfaction and we are ready to pick up our 36FL on Saturday and bring it home to set up and move in. YAY.

Thank you all for the comments. Nice that we have neighbors that look after each other.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:43 AM   #8
Bashful365

New update. It is not good. We took delivery of our 36FL and brought it back to the Oregon coast and set up in an RV park. Hooked all up. Things were going ok. Then, when I went to drain the black tank, the pulls were hard to pull in and out for both black and grey tanks (2). I also noticed water coming out from under in places that did not have tubes. I pressed my hand to the underside of the RV and heard sloshing and saw the underside looked "pregnant". So I am collecting water under our unit, just above the black seal all under the RV. Took it in for servicing and found warranty valves were not working properly and the washer was draining into the underbelly of the 36FL. the service center kept the rv for a couple of days so I had to commute from there to work daily. They said it was warranty and needed to order parts. I am awaiting confirmation that parts are in so I can take my 36FL back for airing out and repair. This has been an adventure and not one I would recommend to others. I do recommend an additional outflow valve so the outflow can be positively closed to avoid a "sewer shower" that I have taken once, so far. Stay tuned for next installment.
Old 08-16-2020, 07:10 PM   #9

So sorry to hear that. I hope they can replace all the insulation underneath. Drying it out probably won't get rid of the grey and/or blackwater smell. You might want to notify the Forest River Warranty department of this situation.

When you get it back, you might want to consider adding a twist on valve to avoid a sewer shower. We got one after a sewer shower and it works well. https://www.campingworld.com/twist-o...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Please let us know how everything goes.
Old 09-12-2020, 06:51 AM   #10
Bashful365

36FL black tank update

Good morning all. Further update on the black and grey tank issue we are having. It has been six months since we purchased. The tank valves are faulty (2) for the rear black and grey tanks. The valves do not close fully and the pulls are impossible to move. We put on an external valve so I do not have to take a "sewer shower" when disconnecting the back tanks. That works well. The valves are warranted and the warranty work was set for last week, but we had to evacuate due to wild fires in the area. Repair work is set for this coming Monday. Yay. I am hoping to have the rear tank valves issue behind me, as well as the bad drain connection for the washer/dryer. Then they can reseal the underbelly. No insulation was damaged in this process so that is good. The front tanks for the kitchen and half bath work well, bless them. Lets see what happens next. Stay tuned folks.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:33 AM   #11

Thanks for the update. Hope you stay safe from the wildfires.