Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-07-2019, 01:39 PM   #1

Smile New FR Owner in Port Angeles, WA

Hello! We just purchased our first RV, a 2015 Forest River Heritage Glen 232IS travel trailer and we are excited about starting our RVing life.

We have so many questions! The first and foremost - does anyone have a 2015 HG 232IS? We purchased ours at an auction and there is no owner’s manual. I’ve looked online but can’t seem to find one so we don’t know some important information about the RV.

Second, what is the best place to purchase parts and accessories, either online or local to the Washington Olympic Peninsula (which seems to have an abundance of RV dealers). We believe this was a repo, and as in most cases of repossessions, tanks, tablet, sway bars, the jacks for the electric jack system, and battery were removed. So, we need to bring this unit up to speed so we can get out the door and on the road.

We are looking forward to meeting Forest River RVers and learning about all the great places to go, see and things to do in an RV.

Thanks for any help!

TVgardener
Tvgardener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:01 PM   #2

There are no owners manuals like a car. You can find manuals for each component in your unit, but no one that covers the unit as a whole. Welcome from South Jersey. There is a lot of info here if you do a search through the library.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:17 PM   #3

Welcome from Spokane.
Old 12-07-2019, 02:48 PM   #4
Site Team

Welcome to FRF, from Camano Island!
As was said, RV manufacturers only provide a generic owners manual with No model-specific information.
Suggest you ask your model-specific questions in the Wildwood sub-forum, where the HG owners lurk.[emoji6]
Put your model number in the title, so those that own the same model can be more helpful.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #5

Here's a link to the Forest River owners manuals. Just generic info and not model specific. I researched, downloaded, and printed all of the manuals for my appliances. Put them in a 30 ring binder. Might come in handy someday.

https://forestriverinc.com/rvs/owners#manuals
Old 12-07-2019, 03:16 PM   #6

Link to a pdf file to download:

Owners Manual
2012 Ford F150 FX4 3.5 EcoBoost
jay2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 03:52 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay2703 View Post
Link to a pdf file to download:

Owners Manual
I have the same manual for my TracerAir TT. As you can see, just General RV systems information. Some stuff isn't even usable, like raising an electric antenna. No FR TT or 5th wheel had such a thing.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:12 PM   #8
DnL

Welcome to the forum from Silverdale. The manual question has been answered, but about service and parts. I don't know what is available in Port Angeles, but I highly recommend Affordable RV Repair Center in Bremerton (if you don't mind the drive).
DnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:13 PM   #9

Here is a few Spec's.. if you wondering..
https://www.rvcountry.com/product/us...2is-1044228-29

Nice trailer... welcome to the party.. from Wenatchee
clintbonnie73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:33 PM   #10

Hello and Welcome from Bothell, WA. I have found E-Trailer https://www.etrailer.com/ to be a good web site for online parts, Good prices and quick delivery. You will read a lot on here about "China Bombs" take a look at the tires on your trailer an If they are some weird brand and or have a lot of cracks in the sidewalls from sitting outside replace them with a good brand, (Goodyear Endurance for example They sell and install them at Discount Tire stores.)
Gilligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #11

TVGardner
I live in Sequim and have a FR 5Th wheel. I HAVE ALWAYS USED Mobuilt RV in Port Angeles as the owner, Ed and all the staff have always been professional and there pricing and work have been great. Give them a call, mention my name so they know where there getting there business from. Word of mouth is the best advertising.
I’m sure they can help you in your issues. As far as manuals go they are hard to find with FR but with a little investigating on the web and thru the FR WEB SITE you’ll find some help.
Good luck with your new Rig and if you are interested in joining an RV GROUP I belong to the Hurricane Ridge RV Club we meet in Sequim 2nd Wednesday’s each month you can contact me for more info if you like @ kenyoung46@gmail.com
Old 12-08-2019, 02:25 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by DnL View Post
Welcome to the forum from Silverdale. The manual question has been answered, but about service and parts. I don't know what is available in Port Angeles, but I highly recommend Affordable RV Repair Center in Bremerton (if you don't mind the drive).
Like many other places, I've had good and not-so-good there but that was when they were at Kitsap Lake. I say the same about Clear Creek RV. Sometimes it's like a shot in the dark and who at the time is the service manager at either place (I'm west of Silverdale).
Old 12-08-2019, 03:06 PM   #13

Welcome from Everett

I've learned a lot from youtube.com and bought a lot from Amazon. Get to know your local dealer for the things that you need in your hand that day.
Old 12-08-2019, 07:14 PM   #14
Multi-Slacker

Welcome from SoCal!

Places to look for gear:

etrailer.com
rvupgrades.com
amazon.com
cabelas.com

Old 12-09-2019, 12:20 PM   #15

New FR Owner in Port Angles, WA

Welcome to the Forum from Brookfield, WI!
My best friend lives in Port Angles, WA.
I buy a number of things for the RV from RV Upgrades, good prices and fast delivery. https://www.rvupgradestore.com/
I also use E-Trailer: https://www.etrailer.com/
Like everyone has said about manuals, find your manufacture name, model and part numbers from the rating plates. The go to the web and search for the manufacture for furnace, hot water heater, AC, refrigerator, toilet etc. and print then out and put in a binder.
Happy camping!!!
2021 Rockwood, 2509s, pulled by a 2020 Ford F150 XLT, Super Cab, 3.5L Eco Boost, with 3.55 axle. Electric 10-speed auto trans w/tow mod. Heavy Duty Tow package & integrated trailer brake, 11,700 lb. tow capacity, payload is 1916 lbs. and 145” wheel base. Equalizer 4 point W/D hitch.
djemgoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 08:41 PM   #16

Hi tvgardner, I might suggest contact myrvworks. he is a certified rv repair service that is located in your area. He can walk you through your rv and explain how everything works.
myrvworks.com
I hope this information is helpful
Spudoodle
Spudoodle is offline   Reply With Quote