Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #1

New Wildwood 40 FDEN how to block it up?

Hello all! We just purchased a 2019 Wildwood 40FDEN destination trailer. We are placing it on some lake property we purchased. Super excited to say the least! We are getting the orientation walk through on Monday and then they will deliver it when we are ready for it which will still be a couple weeks as we are having some dirt work done on the property first.

So my question is we want to block it up to take the weight off the suspension because once it's placed on the property it is not going anywhere. I've been told this is one of those don't try this at home things. It takes someone with the proper jacks and tools and has experience with doing this.

Apparently jacking it up evenly is the key so as not to twist the structure. One guy told me he screwed up his patio door by trying it himself. Didn't want to slide open and closed easily after jacking it up.

So has anyone done this before? Is jacking it up evenly the only concern or are there other things to look out for? I'd really rather not pay someone else to do it but if it's too tricky I will and not risk damage to the new trailer.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 06:23 PM   #2

Im not a seasonal or permeant camper so my thoughts don't count much but in all my years of camping ive never seen any permeant unit blocked up like a trailer park. I would level it, put the stabilizers down, get some extra stabilizers if wanted and forget blocking it up. Not going to hurt the suspension having weight on it.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:01 PM   #3

You could be right kimber45 and this is a new experience for us as well as we were motor homers before this. I think it's done for 2 reasons one is it's rock solid stable no bounce at either end of the trailer when someone walks across the floor and secondly it gets the tires off the ground so they don't dry rot.

I guess it just makes sense to me to get the weight off the suspension for the long term.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lock, wildwood