Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-04-2023, 03:49 PM   #1

Newbie; dometic freezer works not fridge

DM2652
Is fridge model

Thought the freezer just needed to be defrosted yesterday it had some ice on it and it's been really humid in the fridge was warm. Did all that defrosting like I normally do and now the freezer got cold in the fridge is still not

Forest River wildwood xlite 2019
amandainrockport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 03:57 PM   #2
Site Team

It's more helpful if you posted what brand and model number your fridge is, instead of your trailer's model number. RV manufacturers often use different brands and model numbers of fridges.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 04:16 PM   #3

It's domestic but I can't find model number.. looking. Somebody mentioned checking the vents or something and I don't even know how to find that
Old 04-04-2023, 04:28 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandainrockport View Post
It's domestic but I can't find model number.. looking. Somebody mentioned checking the vents or something and I don't even know how to find that
It probably is a Dometic 2-way fridge. There should be a sticker with the model number, visible when you open the doors. You should also download the manual from Dometic's website, if you don't have one. It has a troubleshooting guide in it. But you'll need the model number.
Also, you don't have to call yourself a newbie. You've been a member here for over 2 years. I'm sure you've learned a lot by now.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 04:36 PM   #5

Thanks

I mean I'm a newbie with things like: today was the first time I figured out how to take off the cover outside the RV where the reset button is..
And like someone mentioned online, a vent on the roof could be clogged? I don't have a way to get on the roof but where's that?
Old 05-29-2023, 10:42 AM   #6

I had the same issue, especially when it was over 95 degrees outside. Do a search on my username and you’ll see one solution that I came up with. Every since I added the controller and fans I haven’t had any issues. Before I came up with my fix, I just usually hung a tarp to shade the back side of the fridge. I had the tarp at an angle to get some airflow between the tarp and the camper.

DS2 USN 73-79
Forest River 2020 Wildwood 171RBXL
Highinthemountains is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dometic, fridge, newbie