Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2021, 06:51 PM   #1

Newbie Questions About Wildwood

Hello, I am looking at a 2004-2005 Wildwood, I have a few questions if someone here owns one around that year. First have you had any major or recurring issues with the trailer? The one I’m looking at is 32ft, the sticker is worn off so I can’t tell the model or anything but there is a slider in the back and a front bedroom with a slide out and another slide out for the dinette and couch in the middle. One thing that concerns me is a crease in the roof between the two skylights (running across the roof, not lengthwise-photo attached) above the bathroom. I can’t see any water damage inside or outside and it doesn’t really feel soft there. There is a softish spot by another one of the skylights toward the back but again can’t see any damage in or out. Floor all through is solid and trailer looks good underneath. It’s listed for a decent price so I want to jump on it if the roof isn’t a sign of a major issue. I would love any info you might have on the possible year/model common or costly repairs and any insight on the roof. Thanks in advance!

Also, Currently one of the tanks on one of the hydraulic slides for the slide out is leaking but is easily accessible and seems easy to replace, curious if this might be a common/recurring issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	707225A7-CB27-4AC5-A078-189DFCFEDDD9.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	395.4 KB
ID:	260044   Click image for larger version

Name:	9791DE52-C8C8-4A3F-95BA-D409723A9F88.jpeg
Views:	56
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	260045   Click image for larger version

Name:	1B93B64C-243A-47E3-A92A-46877741944C.jpeg
Views:	61
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	260046  
Meghanmvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:23 AM   #2
Always Learning

The crease could just be where 2 pieces of plywood come together. I've been able to see/feel them on each camper I've owned.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:38 PM   #3

Thank you! It is sloped a bit, have you had problems with water collecting there and giving issues with the skylights?
Old 07-30-2021, 02:39 PM   #4
Always Learning

Mine hasn't collected like that, but I would likely be tempted to build up a dam with Dicor to keep water away from the skylights.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:53 PM   #5

Wildwood

I have a 24 ft 2003 Wildwood. It is a single slide so a little different product.

I bought this one used two years ago, and other than standard maintenance, it has been very dependable.

I started with defective brakes replacement, wheel bearings replacement and worked my way up to the roof after that.

A good cleaning, then di-cor and eternabond, along with Black Jack Ultra Roof 1000 is what I did for mine. Im sure there will be other products that will work just as well or better.

I do wish I could find a product to help make the discoloration of the exterior walls clean up well.

I have been extremely pleased with my Wildwood. I wish you well with your decision.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 02:00 PM   #6

Thanks for the info! Try Krud Kutter on that external discoloration if it seems like there’s anything on the surface. Do a spot test though, it may not react well with the exterior. The one I am looking at has aluminum siding and I plan to use that to clean it up.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:18 PM   #7

Same with mine, painted aluminum. Thanks for the tip. If you have any questions specific to the Wildwood, please let me know. Best of luck.
Happy Camping.
Sleepy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 06:45 PM   #8

Finding other owners of the model you have

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meghanmvt View Post
Hello, I am looking at a 2004-2005 Wildwood, I have a few questions if someone here owns one around that year.
Meghan, Near the top of each page is are two command ribbons. The upper one has a black background. The lower one has a green background.

On the lower one, click "Registry" and on the dropdown, click "Advanced Search." You get a search form with a bunch of list boxes. In each list box you can select multiple entries. Holding Ctrl while you make selections let you select or deselect each one you click. Holding Shift selects everything from your last selection to your current selection.

I selected Year=2004 and 2005 and Make=all entries starting with either "Wildwood" or "Forest River Wildwood." I came up with two users:
MI-Dave, WIldwood 335 BHBS, 37 feet, joined December 2019, 8 posts, and
Georgia USA, Wildwood LE 29BHSS, 29 feet, joined August 2020, 8 posts.

You could send each of them a Private Message if that would help.
"Always bypass the water heater before opening the low-point drains."
Sticks and Bricks: Raleigh, NC
2008 Cherokee 38P: at Ivor, VA permanently
Larry-NC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, question, questions, wildwood