Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2017, 01:20 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarleyzq8 View Post
Could someone shed some light on the order of the grey tanks on this unit?
Here's my grey tank setup: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1536192 but there's no guarantee yours is the same. Not very consistent wiring in these units.

The outside handles and labels for my black/grey tanks were backwards. Took 2 minutes to swap them both. I have a clear adapter so it was pretty obvious the first time I used the handles...

-John
Gonyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:05 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonyoda View Post
Here's my grey tank setup: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1536192 but there's no guarantee yours is the same. Not very consistent wiring in these units.

The outside handles and labels for my black/grey tanks were backwards. Took 2 minutes to swap them both. I have a clear adapter so it was pretty obvious the first time I used the handles...

-John
Thank you for the input. At least I know its a possibility they're backwards. My elbow is opaque so I'll need to get creative in testing that theory.
bmarleyzq8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmarleyzq8 View Post
Thank you for the input. At least I know its a possibility they're backwards. My elbow is opaque so I'll need to get creative in testing that theory.

Mine were reversed as well. Front handle is the grey, second is black then grey2 and outside sink grey toward the back. If you need to test it make sure your tanks are all empty and then run your shower for 10 min. Pull the front valve and that should empty it. Then you will know.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:39 PM   #64

Same here, that's my setup also,
I'll also add that my family tends to fill up grey1 fast, being the shower. since the bathroom and kitchen are grey1 and grey 2. And both tanks run to the same waste outlet, when grey one is 2/3 full and grey2 is 1/3 full, I open both valves, while the cap is still on and they equalize to both being 1/2 full. Works great and simple to do
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #65

Also I recently installed a lighted water heater switch from water heater breaker to main switch panel inside. Simple to do and now I have control of electric and lp from inside. Pics to follow
Old 07-26-2017, 07:44 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Also I recently installed a lighted water heater switch from water heater breaker to main switch panel inside. Simple to do and now I have control of electric and lp from inside. Pics to follow

Yeah totally wanna see the pics!
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:11 PM   #67

Has anyone changed out table and chairs to a dinette? I miss my dinette just not sure I have the room.
jwlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 09:15 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwlong View Post
Has anyone changed out table and chairs to a dinette? I miss my dinette just not sure I have the room.
I would prefer booth dinette also. Haven't really looked at it but I'm sure it's doable.
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 02:09 PM   #69

Added a pullout trash can under island for DWClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1539.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	244.2 KB
ID:	147805
Old 08-11-2017, 08:57 AM   #70

Quote:
Hmm I'm not sure, I also have two batteries. But I have a charging hot lead from my truck to the fiver and haven't noticed a problem, even after driving 12+hrs. May want to consider running a charging wire from the tow vehicle to the camper. My truck was prewired for it from the factory and all I had to do was put a fuse in the trucks fuse panel in order to take advantage of it. Does make me wonder if my dealer was blowing smoke though, as he told me that the two batteries would run the fridge for multiple days as long as there weren't any other power draws.
Yeah the inverter should be running off of the truck alternator while you are towing.

My batteries (two of them) won't last more than a week even when the camper is parked between trips and everything is turned off. Something might be going on there, because I don't think the detector should be draining them that fast.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:04 AM   #71

I took my camper in last week for some repairs at the dealer:

Fridge and freezer doors had rust spots (found during pdi, just now getting around to that).
Table by the couch came loose from the wall.
Big slide making lots of noise (metal on metal) when deploying or retracting.
Fender skirts cracked/broken on both sides.
One blind needed replacing (was unstrung, also found during pdi) and a couple others needed adjusting to stay in place.
Propane hose for grill (we never got one).

On the way to the dealer, 3 of my tpms sensors quit displaying. I think I just need to put new batteries in them.

Old 08-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #72

Salem / Wildwood 368RLBHK

I changed out the led strip lights underneath the frame and under the awning for remote controlled color changing dimmable strip lights. Also added a music sensing control inline, bc why not [emoji23]. The control has different settings for how the lights react to the music, I doubt it gets used very often except for maybe a cool little dance party for the kiddos some night. Kinda cool the way you can make the lights dance to the music. But the main reason I changed the lights out was bc the original white under awning lights were extremely bright.
Ps
I wired them in so that they can still be turned on and off the same as what they were. Plus they have memory ability, so if I change them to say dim red, they turn on as that when I flip the switch on or off inside

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01M1...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L7...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-13-2017, 04:01 PM   #73

I also ordered one of these kits to use on outdoor kitchen door

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004X...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And also an add on ice maker for the inside residential fridge. We get tired of our portable one that doesn't work the greatest. And in case anyone was curious, this is the direct add on one to fit our model of fridge. I know it one more thing to winterize but we think it will be worth it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B008D...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #74

Quote:

And also an add on ice maker for the inside residential fridge. We get tired of our portable one that doesn't work the greatest. And in case anyone was curious, this is the direct add on one to fit our model of fridge. I know it one more thing to winterize but we think it will be worth it.

Like the ice maker. Thanks for that info. Been toying around with the OD kitchen door struts myself.

Finished a few things this weekend too. Son has free rein at cabinet shop where he works and we added slide out drawers. Still have to attach shelf in bathroom storage cabinet and stain everything.

Also got a roll of reflectix and cut to size for every window. Will store under bed and use as needed. Tried the sun shields you put in your car windshield on last trip and it made a huge difference so decided to invest in the reflectix. Had enough left over to insulate walls in upper closet area. Looks crappy but should help. There's zero insulation between the nose cap and closet wall, just air.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170813_174924745_HDR.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	148112

Name:	IMG_20170813_175003313_HDR.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	148113

Name:	IMG_20170813_175110461.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	148115

Name:	IMG_20170813_175045275.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	148114

Name:	IMG_20170813_175157692.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	32.1 KB
ID:	148116

Name:	IMG_20170813_175216671_HDR.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	148117
Old 08-13-2017, 06:15 PM   #75

[QUOTE=gpaw56;1592630]Like the ice maker. Thanks for that info. Been toying around with the OD kitchen door struts myself.

Finished a few things this weekend too. Son has free rein at cabinet shop where he works and we added slide out drawers. Still have to attach shelf in bathroom storage cabinet and stain everything.

Also got a roll of reflectix and cut to size for every window. Will store under bed and use as needed. Tried the sun shields you put in your car windshield on last trip and it made a huge difference so decided to invest in the reflectix. Had enough left over to insulate walls in upper closet area. Looks crappy but should help. There's zero insulation between the nose cap and closet wall, just

Very nice!!
Old 08-15-2017, 09:35 AM   #76

Quote:

Thank you for this link! An ice maker is going to be one of my next additions.
Ice makers are marriage savers =)

Old 08-15-2017, 07:36 PM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
Thank you for this link! An ice maker is going to be one of my next additions.

Ice makers are marriage savers =)

No problem, I just looked up model number off the fridge and was suprised to find that whirlpool made an ice maker to fit it. It will be here tomorrow and I'm pretty stoked to get it installed. I'll let you know how it goes
Old 08-16-2017, 04:51 PM   #78

I have Ice[emoji3]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1542.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	248.2 KB
ID:	148427Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1543.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	419.7 KB
ID:	148428Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1544.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	418.6 KB
ID:	148429

Really was pretty easy to install. I used a 12" high wood storage box to pull fridge out onto. And I ran the water line into the back of the cabinet next to the fridge. There is a false back walk in the cabinet next to it, so after removing that. I went ahead and drilled a 3/8 hole through the floor and then ran the water line next to the other lines and hoses to get back to the underbelly l. After that it's a straight shot over to the island sink. I recommend running a fish tape down the hole under the island sink and feeding it over to the side in order to pull the water line back through. All in all pretty easy little job
Old 08-16-2017, 05:22 PM   #79

Quote:
I have Ice[emoji3]Attachment 148427Attachment 148428Attachment 148429

Really was pretty easy to install. I used a 12" high wood storage box to pull fridge out onto. And I ran the water line into the back of the cabinet next to the fridge. There is a false back walk in the cabinet next to it, so after removing that. I went ahead and drilled a 3/8 hole through the floor and then ran the water line next to the other lines and hoses to get back to the underbelly l. After that it's a straight shot over to the island sink. I recommend running a fish tape down the hole under the island sink and feeding it over to the side in order to pull the water line back through. All in all pretty easy little job
Nice job. I like it. Will be on my to do list.
Old 08-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #80

Thx gpaw, fun little mod, and just to be clear. I did put two more camps to hold the 1/4 line up tight, had to run into the shop and get them and DW had already taken pictures

Also just to add and hopefully help, there are two brackets underneath the fridge that the front fridge feet sit on. There is one screw in each bracket that goes through the rubber foot. Remove them and the bracket on the right side of the fridge. Then you have to lift the front of the fridge up just enough to get the feet over the lip on the bottom right bracket. After this is done the fridge will slide right out. There is enough cord to slide the fridge all the way out and onto the box that I mentioned. After doing this, first step is to unhook the heat exchanger coil from the back of the fridge. Then there is a piece of aluminum tape over the hole that the fill tube will be inserted through.remove that in order to put the fill tube through. Then remove the white plastic plate from the back wall inside the freezer by removing plastic screw covers and then the Phillips screws. The electrical connector will now be visible.( you do have to remove a universal adapter plug from the male plug and then it will plug right in. There are two knockouts in the plastic plate, one for wiring and one for fill tube. After that the directions are pretty straightforward. I only mention all this bc the directions are for multiple configurations and they can be kind of vague through these steps. Hope this helps someone

Tags
salem, wildwood