Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2017, 08:07 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
Salem / Wildwood 368RLBHK

Starting this thread in hopes of helping fellow owners of this model share information, ideas or whatever in order to make us happier campers. I'm sure a lot of the information will apply to other models as well.

Mine Rolled off assembly line 2/13 and I took delivery 2/24. Have made five trips so far for a total of 23 days. Have had a few issues. Some I have fixed, some have fixed themselves while the others are waiting for me to stop using long enough to take to dealer for warranty work.

If you have posted previously on another thread please copy to this thread if you feel it would of benefit. I have contacted FR hoping to get a wiring / plumbing schematic but haven't heard anything yet. Another member is working on his own wiring diagram and will share when he finishes tracing wires.

Thanks in advance for your participation.
__________________

gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:24 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
arter368rlbhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 292
Thx so much for doing this Gpaw!

I'll start off with a question I have that i am confused about. I have two black tank monitor gauges on my control panel. One is incorporated into the main panel and one is a seperate gauge above the main panel. Anybody know why this is ? picture to follow
__________________

arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
You actually have 3 gray tanks. The bathroom and kitchen have there own (i think 30 gal each) and are drained through same pipe as black. The outdoor kitchen sink has an 18 gal tank by itself and is drained from the aft drain pipe. The outdoor kitchen tank monitor is the rectangular box below the main panel.
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:41 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
arter368rlbhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 292
Salem / Wildwood 368RLBHK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
You actually have 3 gray tanks. The bathroom and kitchen have there own (i think 30 gal each) and are drained through same pipe as black. The outdoor kitchen sink has an 18 gal tank by itself and is drained from the aft drain pipe. The outdoor kitchen tank monitor is the rectangular box below the main panel.
Thank you! I hadn't considered that the micro monitor guage(rectangular box) was for the outdoor kitchen. I just saw the word waste on it and thought it was for black water bc the ones on the main panel say fresh grey1, grey2 and black. Makes total sense now. I would say another thing that would have been helpful to have in the owners manual instead of a picture of a panel that my unit doesn't
even have.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ture17186.html
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
This is how my panel is laid out. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170530_204134271.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	68.1 KB
ID:	139612
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
m35a2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 645
Interesting. My outdoor kitchen doesn't have a sink. My controls are different than yours too.
I'll have to take some pictures.
__________________
-- My wife complains I never listen to her. Or something like that.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:02 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
Thanks to mkosu04 for this info from another thread

For others who might see this thread..
I found my 2nd fuse panel under my fridge. Look for wood panels with exposed screws... it probably means that it is also an access panel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tapatalk_1496260487175.jpeg
Views:	262
Size:	52.5 KB
ID:	139660  
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 04:45 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Cedar Creek Lake, TX
Posts: 2,571
This second panel serves your things on the remote control: slide outs, awning, stabilizers, etc. Check it if any of the above quit working. I think there is also a 30 amp main fuse on it. Be sure you carry replacements.
__________________
Cedar Creek Lake, Texas
2019 Keystone Loredo 290SRL
2019 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins crew cab
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:52 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
arter368rlbhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 292
Anybody know what switch operates the led strip lighting in the trey above the kitchen island?
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:54 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
Mine is on the end of the kitchen sink cabinet closest to entry door. A little rocker switch.

I think I misunderstood. I was thinking about the led lights around the sink cabinet. I do not have what you are describing on my 368rlbhk
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:59 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
I am learning all 368rlbhk's are not configured the same.
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 09:20 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
arter368rlbhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 292
Salem / Wildwood 368RLBHK

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
Mine is on the end of the kitchen sink cabinet closest to entry door. A little rocker switch.

I think I misunderstood. I was thinking about the led lights around the sink cabinet. I do not have what you are describing on my 368rlbhk


Ya that's where mine is for the under counter strip light. But what I'm referring to is a led strip light that is inside the trey wood ceiling panel above the island.
Click image for larger version

Name:	upload1496284020.504842.jpg
Views:	203
Size:	153.7 KB
ID:	139691Click image for larger version

Name:	upload1496284062.149841.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	139692
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 01:50 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
m35a2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 645
Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
Ya that's where mine is for the under counter strip light. But what I'm referring to is a led strip light that is inside the trey wood ceiling panel above the island.
Attachment 139691Attachment 139692
Mine doesn't have that.

I found out something interesting yesterday though. Not sure if they are all like this, but on mine, there's an led strip light under the awning. A switch next to the control panel turns it on or off, or the remote turns it on or off. If you turn it on with the remote, you must turn it off with the remote (wall switch does nothing). And I think it might turn on automatically if you extend the awning with the remote (must test).

Wife extended then retracted the awning with the remote and I lost my mind for an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't turn off the led strip (using the wall switch).
__________________
-- My wife complains I never listen to her. Or something like that.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
arter368rlbhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 292
Quote:
Originally Posted by m35a2 View Post
Mine doesn't have that.

I found out something interesting yesterday though. Not sure if they are all like this, but on mine, there's an led strip light under the awning. A switch next to the control panel turns it on or off, or the remote turns it on or off. If you turn it on with the remote, you must turn it off with the remote (wall switch does nothing). And I think it might turn on automatically if you extend the awning with the remote (must test).

Wife extended then retracted the awning with the remote and I lost my mind for an hour trying to figure out why I couldn't turn off the led strip (using the wall switch).


I must admit I played with the rocker switch for a little while before I figured it all out as well. Kept thinking I was turning on and off the light in fiddos dog house lol
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:21 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
arter368rlbhk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 292
Another thing I found out is if you are putting in the front bedroom slide while using the rocker switch on the wall instead of remote. You have to have the door open only like 6" and reach in and use the switch. If the door is open all the way when you close the slide, the end of the bed sticks out just enough to keep you from being able to swing the door closed
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:20 PM   #16
Member
 
DNA111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Star Idaho
Posts: 46
I have an interesting one, I was under my trailer (368RLBHK) and noticed an LED strip light under the door steps and it ran forward to under the furnace location. I can't figure out how to turn it on. I am thinking it is supposed to be wired to the awning light switch? The trailer is at the dealer for some warranty stuff and they are supposed to check it.
Anyone else have that light strip?
__________________
2017 Heritage Glen 368RLBHK
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab 6.7 airbag equipped
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:26 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
Should activate both with same switch. Mine has blue led below and white at awning. Looks really nice.
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:27 PM   #18
Member
 
DNA111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Star Idaho
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
Should activate both with same switch. Mine has blue led below and white at awning. Looks really nice.


Good to know.
__________________
2017 Heritage Glen 368RLBHK
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab 6.7 airbag equipped
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:43 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
gpaw56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: North Central Arkansas
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNA111 View Post
I have an interesting one, I was under my trailer (368RLBHK) and noticed an LED strip light under the door steps and it ran forward to under the furnace location. I can't figure out how to turn it on. I am thinking it is supposed to be wired to the awning light switch? The trailer is at the dealer for some warranty stuff and they are supposed to check it.
Anyone else have that light strip?
Just curious, what would is the dealer going to do?
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:46 PM   #20
Member
 
DNA111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Star Idaho
Posts: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
Just curious, what would is the dealer going to do?


There was a large rock chip in the cap when we took delivery, so that is getting fixed. Also a large scratch in a cabinet that was there when we took delivery. One of the rear tables isn't mounted to the wall correctly and the ceiling fan has a grinding noise when running.
__________________

__________________
2017 Heritage Glen 368RLBHK
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab 6.7 airbag equipped
Andersen Ultimate Hitch
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH (sold)
DNA111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
salem, wildwood

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.


×