Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2008, 08:21 PM   #1

sanitization of fresh water

I have a question on sanitization

i have a new camper and i aslo have an older camper.
is it wise to fill water tank and sanitize before use and do you disconnect the city water to the water incoming connection and let the fresh water pump push the chlorinated water through the system, can you push a backflow valve to let it come out the incoming water hose connection

or if you dont normally use the fresh water tank, and only use fresh city water connection from hookup, do you have to sanitze the system

thanks
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #2

I always sanitize my fresh tank at the beginning of each season even though we rarely use it. I disconnect the city water and pump the chlorinated water from the tank through the system and let it sit for several hours before draining. I have not tried pushing the check valve to get chlorinated water to the city water inlet. Never really thought about it to tell you the truth.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hokiehall View Post
I always sanitize my fresh tank at the beginning of each season even though we rarely use it. I disconnect the city water and pump the chlorinated water from the tank through the system and let it sit for several hours before draining. I have not tried pushing the check valve to get chlorinated water to the city water inlet. Never really thought about it to tell you the truth.
Thanks

I saw your camper pics, very nice camper

Hope you are well

Phil
wildwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:58 AM   #4

Thanks Phil. I wish we had time to use it more.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wildwood