Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2013, 04:34 PM   #1

SAT Connection on 2013 Wildwood Lodge 394fkds

We recently purchased a 2013 Wildwood Lodge 394fkds and after it was delivered to campground tried to connect satellite to outside sat connection but cannot get a signal inside. This trailer has a sat connection and park cable connection on the back and side. We have had 2 visits from TECH where trailer was purchased and they can't figure it out. It is very frustrating to have to run satellite cable in through patio door because nobody can figure out how to connect it using outside connections. The trailer dealer told us that the back connection was for inside and the side connection was for outside yet 2 TECHS have told us the back is for the bedroom tv and the side is for the living room TV. HELP US PLEASE
GrantB50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #2

Hopefully a Wildwood owner give give you exact details.

What Sat service are you using?

If you have a voltmeter, connect the receiver to what you think is the inside sat outlet and then try to measure a DC voltage on the outside Sat ports.

It may be that the manufacturer swapped (or mislabeled) the sat & cable wires.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #3

I have a wildwood 408 loft and we plug the Park Cable in the back Of the trailer. We run 3 TVs from that, two of the TVs are in the bedrooms and one is in the living/kitchen area.
H Pyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Well, the SAT marked one on the outside should be "home run" to a female coax connector on the inside.

If you put a 75 ohm termination end cap (Amazon.com: F Type 75 Ohm Terminator - 10 Pack: Car Electronics) on the outside SAT connector and using an ohmmeter check the inside ones until you find the 75 ohm reading.

That will be the SAT connection. Mine is lettered "AUX/SAT"
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CBL and SAT inputs.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	31672  
Attached Images

Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:30 PM   #5

On my Silverback my connections in my access door look like the pic that Herk posted and I plugged my Dish into that then on the inside where my tv is has 3 connections one says Sat and the other 2 are like Herks other pic. What I found out is that I have the ability to mount a roof mounted dish or use the one in my access door. The one on the roof (if i had it ) my receiver would connect to my Sat connection. If I use the one in my access door (which I do) I connect my receiver to Sat/Aux.
I do not know if that is the same as your setup or not.
I tried mine for like 2 hours before I realized that I should use the Sat/Aux.
It only works on the main tv I am going to have to see how I can get it to go to the bedroom yet.

Hope it helps
kc8lvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:04 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Hopefully a Wildwood owner give give you exact details.

What Sat service are you using?

If you have a voltmeter, connect the receiver to what you think is the inside sat outlet and then try to measure a DC voltage on the outside Sat ports.

It may be that the manufacturer swapped (or mislabeled) the sat & cable wires.

Or, forgot to connect them at all!!!
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:24 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantB50 View Post
We recently purchased a 2013 Wildwood Lodge 394fkds and after it was delivered to campground tried to connect satellite to outside sat connection but cannot get a signal inside. This trailer has a sat connection and park cable connection on the back and side. We have had 2 visits from TECH where trailer was purchased and they can't figure it out. It is very frustrating to have to run satellite cable in through patio door because nobody can figure out how to connect it using outside connections. The trailer dealer told us that the back connection was for inside and the side connection was for outside yet 2 TECHS have told us the back is for the bedroom tv and the side is for the living room TV. HELP US PLEASE
It sounds like we have the same cabling setup. 2014 wild wood haritage glen lite. From what I understand, and I'll know for sure next week, the sat on the back goes to main tv panel only. The cable on the back connects with all the other cable connections in the trailer, including the one on the side. Our living room tv is removable, and has a mount on the side if the trailer, so we can watch tv outside.

I'm wondering if a stray nail in the sat cable is the problem.
Frankm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:09 PM   #8

I think if you have the antenna booster on it will not let the sat or cable connection work
2014 Montana 356TBF
Big Bad Allis is offline   Reply With Quote