Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-07-2021, 10:06 AM   #1

Say why is Forest River nor answering their phone

I called Forest River to get a part for my trailer Monday May the third, and left my phone number. Yet as of today no return call. Even thought they would put me on a list according to my call.
Tim Irwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #2

blame it on covid... everything else is blamed on it...

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Irwin View Post
I called Forest River to get a part for my trailer Monday May the third, and left my phone number. Yet as of today no return call. Even thought they would put me on a list according to my call.
You might consider calling the division that built your trailer - whatever division that is.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:21 AM   #4
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Irwin View Post
No one from FR will likely ever see your question.
This is a forum of owners of FR products.

While there are a few FR reps that visit here for a few specific divisions, no one from FR monitors the forum.

What number and division did you call?
Each division/make/model has a specific contact number listed on FR's web site.
Have you tried calling back?

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:37 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
You might consider calling the division that built your trailer - whatever division that is.
Forest River Wildwood whom I called
Old 05-07-2021, 10:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
No one from FR will likely ever see your question.
This is a forum of owners of FR products.

While there are a few FR reps that visit here for a few specific divisions, no one from FR monitors the forum.

What number and division did you call?
Each division/make/model has a specific contact number listed on FR's web site.
Have you tried calling back?
I know that
Old 05-07-2021, 01:11 PM   #7

You have to go thru a dealer for FR parts.
Old 05-07-2021, 01:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim irwin View Post
i called forest river to get a part for my trailer monday may the third, and left my phone number. Yet as of today no return call. Even thought they would put me on a list according to my call.
forest river's phone only calls out....never ever answers !
juice5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 01:24 PM   #9
Director, FROG

Tim, try calling Tony Hufnagle at (574) 535-2501. He might be able to help, although, as referenced above, some parts are only available through Forest River dealerships.

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:07 PM   #10
3boxerss

I tried the contact me email link on their website and it stated they would return all contacts within 48 to 72 hours.. Yep Thats a long 72 hours as I sent one in Jan and one on April 3..

Previous Campers
2017 FR Wildwood 201 BHXL
2001 Traillite Bantam B19
3boxerss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:35 PM   #11

Angry no response either

I have a 2016 Wildwood 27rks. My seats have just now started peeling as I've seen many others. Most received replacement covers or some type of retribution. I contacted the Wildwood department via e-mail. I was contacted in a reasonable amount of time asking for pictures. I promptly sent photos and have never heard from them again. I waited a few weeks and have been sending questioning e-mails without response. I went back on line and redid the complaint all over again in hopes of someone else assisting me. Noone has replied.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 03:42 PM   #12

I've been made HAPPY by F.R.

I have obtained some parts directly from F R and some have come from the suppliers.

IE; fender replacement due to blow out, F. R.; New auto level jack, thanks Lippert; Slide seal, F. R.; Slide roller aluminum wear plates, F. R.; Hisense Refrigerator in driveway repairs F. R., Thank-You, Thank-You; Plus a few other items covered under warranty, well a couple a little beyond.

F. R. has always been accommodating, fast and free (except finder) including shipping.

Thank You Coachman warranty department (C T) and Prime Time warranty department, (W & R). But all that was before Covid and the elections, today fixes have come via EBay and my local RV dealer.

cruisin
cruisinhwy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 04:59 PM   #13

The reason for contacting them. Was July the 5 my neighbor decide to shoot off fireworks within 10 feet of the trailer. Which we didn't realized until we went camping the next week. After after traveling to our destination and opening the door. Seeing long trim piece, was laying on the floor of the trailer, with damage to it and the dinette booth, the kitchen counter top, draw fronts. Progressive only covered trim piece that fell down and some damage to the booth. The rest of the damage was to come out of our pocket. The neighbor plays stupid to everything.
But I ended up because of time having Camping World doing the work. They in the mean damage a piece that was damage before. Service advisor stated she paid it out of her back pocket. (hard to believe). But there was another trim piece that I fix it. I glue it because the lousy factory work, and that is the one I need from Forest River
Old 05-07-2021, 06:17 PM   #14

Quote:
He might be able to help, although, as referenced above, some parts are only available through Forest River dealerships.
Your profile does not state what you drive or tow that is a FR product.

That being said, and after reading what has happened to other owner's parts dealings... find out the freight cost is, to ship it to you.

Long cheap trim pieces do not ship cheap. Sometimes a dealer will have it shipped inside an ordered trailer... but because of long delivery times this year that may not be practical. Maybe you live close enough to go pick it up?

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river