Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2017, 03:09 PM   #1

Slide Out and Landing Gear Fuse Locations

I am just trying to get this info now because I feel sure I will need it one day. I have a 2017 Wildwood Heritage Glen Fifth Wheel (368RLBK). Where are the fuses located for each slide out and the landing gear ? Are they the resettable type ? Thanks in advance for the help.

Pops1953
Pops1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #2
Site Team

Maybe someone with the same model will come by and let you know where there's is, but on our unit there are two fuses for each one. There are fuses on the remote receiver unit (ours is under the stove) and the landing gear fuse is behind the battery hidden in the wire loom, and the one for the slide motor is in the fuse panel.

I keep a full range of ATC & ATM fuses because you never know when something is going to decide to pop a fuse or 5!
Old 05-24-2017, 07:15 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops1953 View Post
I am just trying to get this info now because I feel sure I will need it one day. I have a 2017 Wildwood Heritage Glen Fifth Wheel (368RLBK). Where are the fuses located for each slide out and the landing gear ? Are they the resettable type ? Thanks in advance for the help.

Pops1953
I'm in the process of tracking these down myself. Weather has been really wet and halted my progress this last week.

There's an inline fuse for the landing gear directly over the front hatch (the compartment just under and aft of the pinbox).

On my unit there is another inline fuse in that compartment and one or two breakers (have not traced those yet).

if you have the remote, the electronics and fuses for that are in the basement pass through storage behind a bulkhead that you'll have to unscrew/ remove to get behind.

I'll update with better information and maybe some pictures when I have a chance to finish tracing everything. If there are fuses and or breakers that you know the function of please share and I'll attempt to consolidate it all.

2017 Heritage Glen 368RLHBK Limited
2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Crew, 6.7 Cummins
m35a2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 07:18 PM   #4

Thanks so much for the info.
Old 05-24-2017, 08:51 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops1953 View Post
Thanks so much for the info.
Ok m35a2. You are elected to be the 368rlbhk guru. I will forward to you any information I can provide for you to consolidate. I have requested from forest river (haha) for wiring and plumbing schematics. Will keep you posted
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 10:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
Ok m35a2. You are elected to be the 368rlbhk guru. I will forward to you any information I can provide for you to consolidate. I have requested from forest river (haha) for wiring and plumbing schematics. Will keep you posted

If I'm the guru we're in bad trouble! LOL
But I'd like to get everything consolidated here (mostly for my own selfish reasons but if it can help other folks that's a plus)

Old 05-30-2017, 11:45 AM   #7

Sounds like your question is answered... but for others who might see this thread...

I found my 2nd fuse panel under my fridge.

look for wood panels with exposed screws... it probably means that it is also an access panel.
mkosu04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:35 PM   #8

Slide Out and Landing Gear Fuse Locations

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkosu04 View Post
Sounds like your question is answered... but for others who might see this thread...

I found my 2nd fuse panel under my fridge.

look for wood panels with exposed screws... it probably means that it is also an access panel.

Thx so much, marking this thread for future reference. Just bought a 368rlbhk on 5/10, upgraded from a 2013 Coleman 314bhs tt. Pretty stoked about the difference in towing the fiver vs towing the TT. Camped the last few weekends and no major issues other than what one would / should normally expect. Wall paneling in hallway was a lil loose, after close inspection noticed the installer had shot the Brad nails all the way through the paneling. (Pretty typical caugh caugh). Led light strip above island didn't work either, after pulling switch out I noticed that the wire had come out of the terminal. So far we are extremely happy with the layout and such. Thx again for the fuse info and Happy camping [emoji106]
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #9

Thanks for the info. I think I'll start a thread for 368rlbhk since there are several owners on the forum. It would be a "one stop shopping" for info pertaining the model. What do y'all think.
gpaw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:44 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpaw56 View Post
Thanks for the info. I think I'll start a thread for 368rlbhk since there are several owners on the forum. It would be a "one stop shopping" for info pertaining the model. What do y'all think.

That would be great !!! Forest River provided very little specific info on this model.

Pops1953
Old 05-31-2017, 11:12 AM   #11

The online owner's manual has a lot of information in it.
An example, I found the manual for the trailer axles (which has the procedure for adjusting the brakes)

The online owners manual is here:

Forest River RV Fifth Wheel English 2017

Once there, a ~60 page generic 5th wheel manual is available (see red circled area in image 1)

You can drill down into a subject and find manuals (such as for the water pump) to the right (see red circled area in image 2).
There are also sometimes videos linked there that deal with winterization and other stuff like that.

The fun part sometimes is figuring out which manuals actually apply to your camper.
Anything that might be an option (whether your camper has it or not) seems to be here.

Edit: Rats... I meant to post this in the 368RLBHK thread that gpaw started.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ownersnmanualpdfhighlighted.PNG
Views:	159
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	139642   Click image for larger version

Name:	ownersmanualpdfexample.PNG
Views:	228
Size:	145.8 KB
ID:	139643  

Old 05-31-2017, 09:24 PM   #12

I too was searching for the slide out fuse on my bumper pull. I finally pulled out the drawers in the kitchen and found it screwed to the cabinet side. Brilliant!
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #13

in line fuse and location

For model 8281WS. bedroom slide and landing gear. 2013 Rockwood signature ultra lite.
I am about to loose my mind.
bear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 03:49 PM   #14

I would bet it's behind the partition wall in the basement compartment, under the stairs. My suggestion would be to, use the remote while laying next to the vent in the interior stair and listen for the relay clicking. It could be in other places, but in my experience on most fifth wheels it is either located where I already noted. Or in the front compartment near the landing gear motor on the back wall. Hope this helps
Old 08-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
My suggestion would be to, use the remote while laying next to the vent in the interior stair and listen for the relay clicking.
This is exactly how we found the relays for our Power Stabilizers when we blew the fuse. Hit the remote and "Listen for the click"!

2023 Flagstaff 206STSE
2019 Flagstaff HW29SC ( sold )
2017 Salem Cruise Lite 232RBXL ( sold )
2014 Ford 150 XLT 5.0 2wd
Briorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:23 PM   #16

Many Thanks

I will look behind that panel in the forward storage area.
Old 08-09-2017, 06:54 AM   #17

slide out landing gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by arter368rlbhk View Post
I would bet it's behind the partition wall in the basement compartment, under the stairs. My suggestion would be to, use the remote while laying next to the vent in the interior stair and listen for the relay clicking. It could be in other places, but in my experience on most fifth wheels it is either located where I already noted. Or in the front compartment near the landing gear motor on the back wall. Hope this helps
I don't have a remote.
bear11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 08:29 AM   #18

Have someone push the wall button while you look and listen?

Tags
cat, fuse, location, slide, slide out