Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2022, 08:02 PM   #1

Slide out controller

Hey all,
I’ve got a 2021 FR Wildwood 27RE. My slide outs work sometimes but pretty rarely. I’ve checked all the fuses and the wires running to the switches, everything looks good. I can’t figure out if this model has a slide out controller anywhere. Any help would really be appreciated.
buyacampertheysaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 08:30 PM   #2
Site Team

Moved thread from the General Tech and Repair section to the Wildwood sub-forum since the OP is asking for model-specific information, the location of the slide controller in their Wildwood trailer.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Forest River Forums mobile app
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:33 PM   #3

Owner’s and equipment manufacturer manuals

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyacampertheysaid View Post
Hey all,
I’ve got a 2021 FR Wildwood 27RE. My slide outs work sometimes but pretty rarely. I’ve checked all the fuses and the wires running to the switches, everything looks good. I can’t figure out if this model has a slide out controller anywhere. Any help would really be appreciated.
You might be able to get information on your unit here;
https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...travel_trailer
Old 09-25-2022, 09:41 PM   #4

Perhaps a bad switch? pull the switch out and bypass it, see if that works.
flyflotrtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 09:43 PM   #5

SCHWINTEK Slide controller

If you look at side of slide and it has an aluminum rack at top and bottom, it has a SCHWINTEK controller. Our Flagstaff Super Lite has the controller in the pass through storage. It’s only about 3”x4”. It has an LED for fault codes. There’s a troubleshooting manual in the owners manual section. I haven’t looked into our other slide.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:23 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSCupstate View Post
You might be able to get information on your unit here;

https://forestriverinc.help/#/forest...travel_trailer
NONE of those owners manuals have any model-specific nor brand-specific information. If you look at each brand's manual that you linked to, they are exactly the same generic owners manual.
I challenge you to find any documentation in any of these manuals that provides the specific information that the OP is asking for.

2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 09-25-2022, 10:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRinSCupstate View Post
If you look at side of slide and it has an aluminum rack at top and bottom, it has a SCHWINTEK controller. Our Flagstaff Super Lite has the controller in the pass through storage. It’s only about 3”x4”. It has an LED for fault codes. There’s a troubleshooting manual in the owners manual section. I haven’t looked into our other slide.
It’s definitely not the schwintek, just a lippert above floor I think. And on the lippert site it has a wiring diagram but others have mentioned the diagram isn’t accurate because it doesn’t include anything except the battery and a fuse, not even the extend/retract buttons if I remember right. I’ll probably just try following the wires tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2022, 10:38 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyflotrtim View Post
Perhaps a bad switch? pull the switch out and bypass it, see if that works.
I have 2 slide outs and neither of them work. Do you know if it’s common for the switches to be on a circuit together? Or would one switch still work and the other wouldn’t?
Old 09-26-2022, 01:27 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
NONE of those owners manuals have any model-specific nor brand-specific information. If you look at each brand's manual that you linked to, they are exactly the same generic owners manual.
I challenge you to find any documentation in any of these manuals that provides the specific information that the OP is asking for.

If you go to the model, then “Component manuals” and select “Slide outs”, the Lippert manuals are there. Comparing the information in the Lippert manuals could help in identifying what type slide system it has.
BRinSCupstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2022, 01:49 AM   #10

In this Lippert manual, there is a component section. A couple show controllers. Maybe you can find your slide by comparing the diagrams to your slide.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/cd-content....d9a6647045.pdf

If you have the controller and can locate it, it looks like a good location to check for battery power and function of the switch. Seems odd neither work. It seems like you’re missing 12v power to them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5B9FD5F3-1151-4783-BC7E-5FCE9A63E096.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	279727  
Old 09-26-2022, 02:21 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by buyacampertheysaid View Post
It’s definitely not the schwintek, just a lippert above floor I think. And on the lippert site it has a wiring diagram but others have mentioned the diagram isn’t accurate because it doesn’t include anything except the battery and a fuse, not even the extend/retract buttons if I remember right. I’ll probably just try following the wires tomorrow.
Go to this manual and try to determine which above floor model it is. Both double rails seem to have a controller.

https://support.lci1.com/lci-above-floor-slide-outs
Old 09-27-2022, 09:36 PM   #12

Slide switch for Wildwood 36 BHBS travel trailer

This camper was renovated when I bought it. The bedroom built in desk/chest had been removed and the wiring for the slides that were once mounted to the side of the desk were taped and just sticking out of the wall. We put a switch on the 4 wires which turned out to operate the front slide. However the wiring for the bedroom slide is still a mystery. There isn't a second hole in the wall for another switch. The only thing I can imagine is that there is another set of wires inside the wall. Does anyone have any answers to this mystery?
fairviewnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2022, 02:29 AM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairviewnh View Post
This camper was renovated when I bought it. The bedroom built in desk/chest had been removed and the wiring for the slides that were once mounted to the side of the desk were taped and just sticking out of the wall. We put a switch on the 4 wires which turned out to operate the front slide. However the wiring for the bedroom slide is still a mystery. There isn't a second hole in the wall for another switch. The only thing I can imagine is that there is another set of wires inside the wall. Does anyone have any answers to this mystery?
You posted in someone else's thread about their Wildwood trailer's slide controller, that they posted in the Wildwood sub-forum.
Do you also have the same Wildwood model that the OP has? Your questions are not what the OP was asking about.
You haven't provided any information about year, make and model number of your RV.

Tags
controller, slide, slide out