Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #1

Undercarriage LED Lights Problem

I have a 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-lite 261BHXL. After coming home from camping, I plugged my camper into shore power and I heard a loud pop from somewhere in the camper. All the fuses and circuit breakers are fine and everything in good working order. I turned on the switch to the outside undercarriage LED lights and they did not turn on. I checked the switch with a meter and I have power to the switch but no lights. Again, all fuses and circuit breakers did not trip. Any ideas on what I should do next to see where my problem is? Thanks.
onepotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 09:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepotter View Post
I have a 2018 Forest River Wildwood X-lite 261BHXL. After coming home from camping, I plugged my camper into shore power and I heard a loud pop from somewhere in the camper. All the fuses and circuit breakers are fine and everything in good working order. I turned on the switch to the outside undercarriage LED lights and they did not turn on. I checked the switch with a meter and I have power to the switch but no lights. Again, all fuses and circuit breakers did not trip. Any ideas on what I should do next to see where my problem is? Thanks.
Just my $.02

Follow the lead from the switch to see if there is a break in the wiring. If nothing is found follow the ground from the lights to make sure it is still connected.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 11:10 PM   #3

Wow, I just repaired my under carriage light strip today in my 201bhxl

Last month they worked on our first stop of a ten day, 5 stop trip in west Texas and Big Bend.
The lights did not come on any night after the first night. After returning home I checked out and found that one of the wire connectors fell off, I found it by following the wires from the light strip up to the spot where the wires when through the under carriage sheeting, pulled out the wiring re-connected with a crimp butt connector and then taped all the wires together and then stuffed them back inside and used gorilla duck tape to cover the hole in the sheeting (or what even its called?)
TCedmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 07:19 AM   #4
Trailer Park Supervisor

Good job TCedmon!
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light