Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2019, 11:10 AM   #1

2018 wildwood Heritage Glen 368RLBHK water issues

Attachment 196142Is there anyone that has a Wildwood Heritage Glen368RLBHK that has water slinging in from the tires when you are towing in the rain? I bought this brand new in October in Lakeview Ohio and it rained all the way back home in Georgia and when I got home it was flooded inside. It has been in the shop sense October and they can't fix the problem, I want to know if anyone else has this problem? Forest River says they have sold thousands of this particular camper and no other people have this problem.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_125025_HDR.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	289.8 KB
ID:	196157   Click image for larger version

Name:	20181025_124528.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	238.4 KB
ID:	196158  
portertrans1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:48 AM   #2

Looks like a piece of he bottom seal is missing.

On my slide there is a "wiper" type seal that covers this gap, attached to the frame and sealing off the bottom of the slide. End seals are turned in at the bottom so when the slide is in they plug this area as well.

Tell FR to make yours just like all the others that they've sold and make it not leak too.

"You only grow old when you run out of new things to do"

2018 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BDS
2023 f-150 SCREW XLT 3.5 Ecoboost (The result of a $68,000 oil change)
TitanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by portertrans1 View Post
Attachment 196142Is there anyone that has a 368RLBHK that has water slinging in from the tires when you are towing in the rain? I bought this brand new in October in Lakeview Ohio and it rained all the way back home in Georgia and when I got home it was flooded inside. It has been in the shop sense October and they can't fix the problem, I want to know if anyone else has this problem? Forest River says they have sold thousands of this particular camper and no other people have this problem.
If you fill out a signature line in the User CP section we would always know what brand and model,# you are talking about. That model # crosses over to at least 3 brands. I gonea guess that is a pic of the front door due to the fire extinguisher. If that's the case I have to assume the door is in front of the tires. There for I don't know how the water spray is getting inside.

Go to A CARWASH and use the hand held sprayer and spray all under the fender and see what gives.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 06:48 PM   #4

that is a huge chunk of daylight coming in, pretty obvious water would come in also. Cant believe they cant figure that out.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 07:15 PM   #5

I'd like to see a picture of the tires in relation to the hole. In my mind I'm picturing the tires being to the right of that door therefore to far away from the tires. The tires would be slinging water down in my mind. From the outside I picture the tires to the left of the door and the hole to the right. Seems to me it would be just driving rain not tire sling. Seems a new door seal is in order.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:56 AM   #6

We had a similar issue after picking up our new camper in October. We went straight to a campsite and discovered the carpet by the kitchen slide was wet. 3 hour drive in rain, BTW.

We had a slideout issue when we picked it up, and they worked on it for a while in the rain before moving it inside. I chalked the wet carpet up to them working on it.

Was it raining during the PDI? It may have leaked in at that time and you didn't notice it.

BUT...that is a big gap.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:51 PM   #7

I have a 337 bar and that white part in the picture is way closer to the wall than yours. Maybe they cut that slide out to short on the floor board.
Blender is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, wildwood