Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2021, 07:48 PM   #21

Light switch

You have the same electrical panel that I do on my 2020 171RBXL and I had a switch that did nothing also. In my case it was the inside ceiling light that didn’t work.

I ended up making the non-removable panels next to and behind the switch panel removable. Once open, I found that the wire lead for the light had popped off the back of the switch. I also found a bunch of construction trash. Don’t the assemblers clean up after themselves? Nope!

Before removing the recessed outward facing side panel, trace around the opening so you will know how big to cut it. I used a putty knife to go in between the panel and the cabinet frame to release the panel. This will pop the U shaped staples from the panel leaving a hole in the panel and a staple left in the frame. No big deal, because when you cut the panel down to size (you did trace the opening?) that part will be trimmed off. Taking cues from other removable panels, I put in a couple of backing blocks and finish screws in and you now have a removable panel. For the cabinet side panel behind the switch panel, I was able to push it into the cabinet and then used a screwdriver and pliers to remove the staples that were left behind. Yea, there were small holes from the staples, but they’re not that noticeable.

My camper is equipped with a 32” TV, so while the panels were open I ran a stereo audio cable from the TV to the back of the entertainment center so I can get the sound through there. I don’t know about your camper, in mine the water pump is located next to a removable panel, but behind a non-removable panel making working on the pump a pain. That panel is now removable. The pump is easier to access, but still a pain to work on. I’m going to do something similar with the panel at the bottom of the bathroom sink vanity.

DS2 USN 73-79
Forest River 2020 Wildwood 171RBXL
Highinthemountains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #22

I have a similar setup with remote and panel switches. When the remote is active the switches do not function. I am guessing you have a loose wire on the switch or a permanent override on the remote control board.
bradw661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 11:03 AM   #23
Site Team

We have the 5er big sister to your unit and we have the same monitor/control panel. Our second light switch (right most) is for the 'porch' light right outside the door.
Old 06-26-2021, 09:29 AM   #24

First, pull the panel to see if the switch is connected.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2021, 09:35 AM   #25

Remote can override panel switch making it ineffective
TMMilam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch