Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2018, 12:39 PM   #1

Wildwood 201 BHXL - 2nd battery?

Looking to do some dry camping this year, and would like to ad a second battery to the tongue of my 201 BHXL. Unfortunately, it looks like space is pretty limited.

Has anyone added a second 12v battery on this model? Doesn't look like there is room for another box on the L-channels (but I could be wrong). Or any recommendations on a single box that will fit there and hold two?

Thanks for any help.
jaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 05:23 PM   #2

Might need to mod that spot with a piece of wood or whatever to fit the 2nd battery. You will get the best performance out of a pair of golf cart batteries, they are the same footprint only taller.
iceclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 10:57 AM   #3

Unfortunately, I need the batteries to sit down in the current location, as the front of the body rolls over the are pretty drastically (see image - not mine). I won't have clearance to raise the batteries up more than a few inches, and still be able to access them.

jaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 05:12 AM   #4

Not sure if it's exactly the same size, but I have a 230 BHXL and I can fit this box in the channel with two six volt batteries that I use with a solar setup.

https://allbatterysalesandservice.co...atteries-gce-g
Fargo, ND
Hekdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 10:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaseman View Post
Looking to do some dry camping this year, and would like to ad a second battery to the tongue of my 201 BHXL. Unfortunately, it looks like space is pretty limited.

Has anyone added a second 12v battery on this model? Doesn't look like there is room for another box on the L-channels (but I could be wrong). Or any recommendations on a single box that will fit there and hold two?

Thanks for any help.
Mine has a place on the A frame for a second 12v. Doesn't look like a problem but I haven't added one yet.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:05 AM   #6

2nd battery Wildwood 201BHX-L

I have the same camper and the dealer installed 2 batteries side by side in place of just the 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ECBF8F38-2737-40E1-988B-E4CF88062165.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	308.1 KB
ID:	177563  
Miller.va is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, wildwood