Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #1

Wildwood 26tbss cable hookup and tv powerboost

Hi I am new to this forum, cause I just got my new Wildwood 26tbss. Its a wonderful trailer I didn't know I could have so much fun. I was wondering if anyone knows where to hookup the cable? I have searched everywhere on the outside of the trailer and can not find a place to connect the cable. My manual says its pre-wired for cable hookup. I also can't find the antenna power boost button. I have raised the antenna though and seem to get all the area channels though I am just worried cause it said if the power boost isn't turned off it could drain your battery. If anyone knows I would really appreciate the help, maybe I should I have paid more attention when I got the thing but I was so excited to get it home I forgot to ask more questions.
lmtopeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:12 AM   #2

The cable hookup is usually on the side along with your water hookups, electric and so on. It will be under a rectangle cover, the same as your outside electric plug ins. Mine also has satelite and phone conections.

Your power booster should be a small black button located on the wall plate for your tv antenna hookup. A green light will come on when you push the button in to turn on the booster.

Hope this helps.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:44 AM   #3

My Wildwood TV cable inlet is on the back of the trailer, at a glance it looks like it is a nipple for an air pump, kinda like if you had air suspension, covered with a little white cap, far away from the water inlets and electrical connections. Also, on my tv antenna boost, there is a plug in the trailer, looks like a 12-volt cigarette power plug, combined with a cable hook-up, to the side of the 12-volt, there is a small black button, when pushed in, a green LED light lights up.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:28 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtopeka View Post
I also can't find the antenna power boost button. I have raised the antenna though and seem to get all the area channels though I am just worried cause it said if the power boost isn't turned off it could drain your battery.
Imtopeka, check all of your TV cable face plates. My antennae booster is on the bedroom face plate, and there is no booster button on the living area face plate.

A question to others: Does the booster button draw enough current to run a battery down?? Just never thought about that before.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:19 AM   #5

I have a Rockwood and mine is located under the power cord as you can see by the pic, it it the box with the cover there are two connections there and they are mark SAT/CABLE. The power booster in my camper is located in the same area as the tv and that is in the main part of the living space. I do have a tv hook up in the bedroom but the power booster is connected to it.
mtnguy, to answer your question about the tv power booster, I think it will kill the battery. I had my camper in storage for a week and I forgot to turn it off and as mention before on other threads there are some devises that are hook directly to the battery, so along with that there my be enought draw on the battery to take it out......To get back to the storage thing when I went to the storage yard to get my camper the power jack did not work so I had to plug in the truck so that I could hook up or do what I use to do and hand crank it.
The next time I put the camper in storage I made sure everything was off, so when I returned again the following week end I had enough power to lift the camper so I could hook up with out plugging into the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2712.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	2242  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 08:32 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks, Wade. I realized before that there are some parasitic draws (propane detector, radio memory), but just never thought about the antennae booster. If I remember correctly somebody else on this forum (NWJeeper maybe??) detected a significant amp draw with everything turned off, and the booster might have contributed to that. Who woulda thunk it??

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Imtopeka, check all of your TV cable face plates. My antennae booster is on the bedroom face plate, and there is no booster button on the living area face plate.

A question to others: Does the booster button draw enough current to run a battery down?? Just never thought about that before.
I found the power booster next to the cable connection in the bedroom and it was turned on. Thanks everyone for the advice I didn't even think to look in the bedroom.

I don't really know how many watts it uses but I suspect if its on long enough just getting electricity off the battery it would have to run it down eventually.
Old 03-06-2010, 10:18 AM   #8

I also have the 26tbss. My cable connection is a few feet above the sewer connection near the rear of the trailer. Mine doesn't have a plastic cover, just a rubber cap to cover the connection.
dharri770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:08 PM   #9

thanks for the info everyone. This is a wonderful forum I have learned alot and everyone is so nice to help out with the info.

I just called the dealer and found out mine doesn't have a exterior hookup. It was silly on my part to not ask. He said they could put one on for me though so he is gonna call back with an estimate.

Does anyone know how easy it is to add them and what it might cost?
Old 03-07-2010, 09:17 AM   #10

You can get a RV cable connection for the outside for less than $10. Camping World also has a flat cable to run through a closed window without damage. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...tv-cable/14649

I bet your dealer will want decent money for their labor to run a cable to your interior connection. We usually just stick with our antenna. Helps keep the kids from wanting to stay inside the camper and gets them out to explore and meet friends.
dharri770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharri770 View Post
We usually just stick with our antenna. Helps keep the kids from wanting to stay inside the camper and gets them out to explore and meet friends.
For the same reason, there is no tv in either our trailer or suburban, in fact once we get to the base of the mountains on our drive the kids have to put away their PSP, I-pods, etc. Only takes a little encouragement to get them into nature, then they are hooked.
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
26tbss, wildwood