Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-12-2014, 09:53 AM   #1

Wildwood 281QBXL Slideout issue

First time out in my new Wildwood and the slide has a problem. I push button and slide moves about. 6 inches and stops. Wait a second and push again and it slides another 6 inches and stops. I was able to get it out but has anyone seen this issue before?
samsonib6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:57 PM   #2

Sorry your having issues on your new camper. Sounds like it may be a thermal protection and something is binding and it's stopping. I'd call the dealer and have it serviced sooner than later.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:08 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonib6 View Post
First time out in my new Wildwood and the slide has a problem. I push button and slide moves about. 6 inches and stops. Wait a second and push again and it slides another 6 inches and stops. I was able to get it out but has anyone seen this issue before?
Before you call get a can of dry lube at an auto part store spray your rail and gear and run it in and out, that should take care of the problem. You need to keep that lubed 2x's per year. You can get it any auto parts store I use white the white grease in a spray can. the graphite is hard to see. Don't feel like your spaying to much it will not attract dirt.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
Before you call get a can of dry lube at an auto part store spray your rail and gear and run it in and out, that should take care of the problem. You need to keep that lubed 2x's per year. You can get it any auto parts store I use white the white grease in a spray can. the graphite is hard to see. Don't feel like your spaying to much it will not attract dirt.
X2 and also make sure your battery is fully charged or on shore power as a low voltage will cause same issue.
Yamaha 3000iseb generator:Progressive Ind. EMS-HW30C : Eastern Ontario
Nights Camped: 2014 (18) 2015 (18) 2016 (36) 2017 (32) 2018 (42) 2019 (28) 2020 (35)
fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:15 PM   #5

Thanks. I will try the dry lube to see if that helps.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:27 AM   #6

Tried the Dry Lube and still had same issue. Will be taking Trailer into repair shop to get fixed. Thanks for the posts.

Tags
slide, wildwood, slide out