Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #1

Wildwoood T24TBSS Thermostat Problem

We purchased a 2011 Wildwood T24TBSS in June. Overall. problems similar to those that most people post - Conecertone stereo being one issue solved after 3 tries, now I think we have a thermostat issue. We can turn the thermostat to auto mode or fan mode. When the air is on (in auto mode), it never goes off, to the point the rig is freezing. Just went camping a couple of weeks ago, had the heater running for the first time, and the a/c (rooftop unit) is also running along with the floor heat.

I assume that the a/c unit should not be running (for circulation or anything), and it should just be my floor heating. Is this similar to the issues that most people see?

The trailer is under warranty, but after my Concertone experience, i am tempted to solve it myself, rather than haul it to the dealer to have another POS thermostat installed, and wait 2 weeks in the process. Am I barking up the right tree that it is the thermostat and not something else? If it is, I'll take the shot myslef at fixing it.

Thanks in advance for your help.
steverebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:16 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Do a search on thermostat on the forum. You will find what you are looking for. Many have swapped them out, some have figured out what is going on. Sorry don't remember them all, and while you posted your trailer model and info, you didn't post the thermostat model and info. Not all model of your trailer are equipped alike, so model number and info would be helpful.

I also moved this thread to the Wildwood section, so maybe others will chime in.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating, t24tbss, thermostat, wildwood, air conditioner