Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 12:55 PM   #1

Winter Cover???

With the new trailer and the snow coming, I am considering an "ADCO" - All Climate, Designer Series, 3 Layer RV Cover. They are Dupont Tyvec top panel, 3 layer high performance sides for maximum breathability etc. etc.

With the trailer staying parked on site all winter does anyone have thoughts on going with one of these or not? I have cedar trees beside/above so the trailer gets dirty and I also have the side slideout awnings so I wonder if this is a good idea to keep all awnings covered and clean thus in better shape for opening in the spring? Is there a downside to this?

With the previous trailer I had lots of tree stuff on the roof in the spring and of course the black streaks down the exterior.

Kemo
2012 Wildwood Lodge 392QBBS
Kemosabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 06:27 PM   #2
Lottery Non-Winner

In 25 years I've never had a cover. I've seen some that did and their paint was damaged by abrasion when the wind blows the cover. Not my personal experience, but it happens.

2011 Georgetown 337
2009 HD FLHTCU
2007 HD FXSTC
Ovair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 PM   #3

Send a message via MSN to dinda156 Send a message via Skype™ to dinda156
I plan on purchasing an ADCO cover myself as my new 2012 RV will be outdoors all winter. I live in SE Michigan, so I am going to error on the side of caution and protect my investment.

I did notice ADCO has sold 10 million covers worldwide to date, so I'd have to believe they are building a somewhat reliable product. Although the cover I am buying is only warrantied for 2 years.

I've driven through storage facilities with ADCO covers that were torn on RV's. But that isn't going to alter my decision in buying one.

Hope it works out for the both of us!
dinda156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #4

I have an Asco cover for my 2006 Rockwood 2603. We live on the west coast of Canada and see lots if rains, high winds and a little snow. We camp until November and when we are done I wash wax and winterized. The cover goes on and in the spring our trailer comes out looking like the day I covered it. It does fake time to be sore that it won't rub but it breaths well where a tarp will trap moisture. This is the second rig I have used this cover on and would not go a winter with out it.
Fireman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:00 PM   #5

Update, I did proceed with the Adco cover for my unit and I absolutely love it. takes less that an hour to put it on and take it off and I don't suffer any damage from rubbing. It protects the trailer and all three awnings etc. I have been into the trailer via the zipper at my sliding door and it works great. This is my second winter now and last spring the trailer came out like new and ready to go.

Kemo
Kemosabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #6

Good to hear! This year I purchased a new cover to replace my previous 5 year old cover. I got the Addco Aquashed designer cover. I`ve never had an issue with damage to the RV either. properly installed they do no damage!

Better to have a bad day of camping than a good day at work!
Dodge Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #7

If you take the time to cover all corners and sharp objects that may tear the cover I think it will last. Had covered my last trailer and it helps keep it clean. Best of luck...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forest River Forums mobile app
Eastlake, OH
EastlakeRoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #8
Site Team

I have the PermaPRO Travel Cover from classic accessories . Super Light weight easy to handle and fits great. Fits in a larger gym bag. X2 on sharp objects that may tear the cover.
I had the expedition cover last year it was bulky and didnt hold up as well as the permapro. Seen the adco covers on units and of the 3 covers I like the permapro the best.
We will see how it hold up, we have 50 mph winds here today. I too am concerned about damaging the campers finish as well. I thought about not covering but I was concerned about ice build up around the slide outs.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote