Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2017, 10:47 AM   #1

X-Lite Baggage door height?

Can someone who owns a recent-year Wildwood X-Lite tell me the dimensions of the baggage doors on those units, particularly the height? I'm looking at a 230BHXL but I suspect the other floorpans use the same size doors. I have a Honda EU2000i generator, which I have been able to store in my previous TT's baggage compartments (usually by inserting the generator horizontally and then tipping it upright once inside).

I neglected to measure the doors when I saw the unit in person (and that unit has been sold so I don't have a unit nearby to go measure), and looking at photos I'm a bit concerned that these doors are too short for my generator to slip through in any direction.
kleinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:11 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kleinz View Post
Can someone who owns a recent-year Wildwood X-Lite tell me the dimensions of the baggage doors on those units, particularly the height? I'm looking at a 230BHXL but I suspect the other floorpans use the same size doors. I have a Honda EU2000i generator, which I have been able to store in my previous TT's baggage compartments (usually by inserting the generator horizontally and then tipping it upright once inside).

I neglected to measure the doors when I saw the unit in person (and that unit has been sold so I don't have a unit nearby to go measure), and looking at photos I'm a bit concerned that these doors are too short for my generator to slip through in any direction.
I have a 2018 241QBLX the side storage on mine is about 11 to 12 inches high, not sure how wide. I recently measured mine to buy a small gas grill, most grills are too big for that opening. I hope this helps.
tomahawk246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:30 AM   #3

Thanks! That would be big enough to fit the generator in, however looking at more photos I'm not sure there's enough vertical space inside (beneath the murphy bed) for the generator to stand up. Sigh...
kleinz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, lite