Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2021, 07:44 AM   #1

12V Magic Chef Refrigerator 4.3 Cu Ft, Model WD-127FDC

Good morning All,

For those of you that have recently (last six months) brought and received a new E Pro TT, is your 12V Magic Chef fridge running properly? Is the freezer compartment keeping food frozen (below 32 degrees F)? And is the refrigerator compartment keeping food cold (below 40 degrees F)? Does the fridge compartment have frozen condensation on the inside back wall. Also, at what setting do you keep the Temperature Control knob set at? Anyone having any other issues with this model fridge?
Bellas owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 08:58 AM   #2

12V Magic Chef Refrigerator 4.3 Cu Ft, Model WD-127FDC

Whats the reason for all the questions are you experiencing problems with your frig?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 09:01 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog View Post
Whats the reason for all the questions are you experiencing problems with your frig?
Yes.
Old 06-10-2021, 02:08 PM   #4

I have a new E-Pro 19FDS with a 12v Magic Chef fridge. We took delivery in early May and have camped twice with it so far. The fridge/freezer has worked fine for us on setting 5. Ice cubes, ice cream, frozen veggies stayed frozen in the freezer. Meat and fresh food in the cold in the fridge. I little condensation build up on the back wall of the fridge and a little frost build up on back wall of the freezer.
superswitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:13 PM   #5
Pickin', Campin', Mason

There has been a good bit of discussion on 12v R/V refrigerators on this forum (and other forums) as of recent. Most of these refrigerators are very similar. Maybe if you can't find what you are looking for in past discussions, you could expound on what's going on and we could give an opinion.

Days Camped: '17=38 '18=49 '19=58 '20=110 '21=116 '22=95
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:30 PM   #6

Thanks superswitz for the reply. At the #5 setting have you measured the temperature in the fridge, if so, what is the average temp?
Old 06-10-2021, 05:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
There has been a good bit of discussion on 12v R/V refrigerators on this forum (and other forums) as of recent. Most of these refrigerators are very similar. Maybe if you can't find what you are looking for in past discussions, you could expound on what's going on and we could give an opinion.
Just can't seem to get the temp in the fridge compartment below 45 degrees F no matter what setting the temp control is at.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:00 PM   #8

The tropical section of Florida with average daytime temperatures well above 90° is gonna be a challenge for any refrigerator. You running the AC to get the interior trailer temp down in the 70s? Parked in the shade? Keeping door shut (my family goes into a trance as soon as that door opens)?

-- Chuck
Old 06-11-2021, 06:56 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellas owner View Post
Thanks superswitz for the reply. At the #5 setting have you measured the temperature in the fridge, if so, what is the average temp?
I have measured the internal temp of the fridge at setting 5 as being around 38 degrees Fahrenheit.
superswitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 12:57 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellas owner View Post
Good morning All,

For those of you that have recently (last six months) brought and received a new E Pro TT, is your 12V Magic Chef fridge running properly? Is the freezer compartment keeping food frozen (below 32 degrees F)? And is the refrigerator compartment keeping food cold (below 40 degrees F)? Does the fridge compartment have frozen condensation on the inside back wall. Also, at what setting do you keep the Temperature Control knob set at? Anyone having any other issues with this model fridge?
Bellas
Try one of these inexpensive battery operated fans. Mine works great. Moves the air around to even out the temps.
Tom
Old 06-30-2021, 12:01 AM   #11

I have that fridge and the exact same issues. Freezer works perfectY fine but need to turn dial all the way up to 7 and even then it’s difficult to get the fridge to 42 degrees inside. Also lots of condensation on the back wall. Which occasionally freezes as the compressor is running and then thaws again. If I set it to 5 if never goes below 46 degrees. With or without food in it.
Tow Vehicle:
2021 Ford F-150 / 11,600 towing / 1826 payload
Casademike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2021, 09:25 AM   #12

We have the same issue on our fridge. When we are getting things ready for a trip, we turn the dial to 7 a day or so early to get things cooling. We add items to it that are already cold/frozen so there's not as much work the fridge has to do.

Freezer is good, and we have the same frozen condensation on the back wall of the fridge part. I have a temp gauge in it that we watch and on our last trip the temp never got below 42. Usually it was in the 44 to 48 range. We even have a fan in there to circulate air. We had the dial on 7 for nearly the entire trip and the temps just never got to where we would like them to be in the fridge. One of our milk containers spoiled within a day of opening, so the higher temps is certainly an issue.

We bought one of those portable fridge/coolers for some of our cold stuff now. Right now it's mainly for water and beer and the occasional food item.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:08 AM   #13

This is weird. We have the exact same fridge (Ever Chill WD-127FDC). Ours works great. In fact when camping we have to turn it down to 5 or food in the back of the fridge will freeze. The only time I've had problems with it cooling is in the winter when outside temps are lower than 35F or so. In the summer heat it's been great so far!

P.S. This is our 2nd summer with it.
Old 06-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #14

Oops I forgot to mention freezer temps are usually -10F or less and fridge temps around 38F. I keep a cheap dial thermostat in each.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:43 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc cruiser View Post
Bellas
Try one of these inexpensive battery operated fans. Mine works great. Moves the air around to even out the temps.
Tom
Thanks but I have tried a fridge fan...didn't lower temp.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:54 PM   #16

I spoke to a Forest River rep yesterday and she suggested that I disconnect the fridge from all power (shore and battery) and wait for one hour, then plug back in to shore power and turn on fridge to setting 5. I followed her instructions and after about three hours the fridge temp was at 44 degrees.

I checked it about this morning and it was still at 44 degrees. NO changes, the fridge is still not cooling below 44 degrees...very frustrating. Still waiting for a call back to determine the next course of action.

One thing the FR rep did mention is that she seems to think that the fridge might be cycling into defrost mode too frequently.
Old 06-30-2021, 03:57 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeBird22 View Post
This is weird. We have the exact same fridge (Ever Chill WD-127FDC). Ours works great. In fact when camping we have to turn it down to 5 or food in the back of the fridge will freeze. The only time I've had problems with it cooling is in the winter when outside temps are lower than 35F or so. In the summer heat it's been great so far!

P.S. This is our 2nd summer with it.
Hi StrangeBird22, just wondering if you have notices condensation freezing on the inside back wall of the fridge or any condensation all in the fridge? Thanks.
Old 06-30-2021, 04:28 PM   #18

Yes there is frozen condensation on the top 2/3 of the fridge back wall of the fridge, as I am looking at it right now. There is almost always condensation and it is almost always frozen. I have it set on 7 right now as I keep beer in there when not camping. As I type this it is 38F in fridge and -18F in freezer.
Old 01-23-2022, 10:13 PM   #19

Magic Chef 12V fridge cooling and condensation issues

We are having the same problems with our Magic Chef 12V fridge. Would cool just fine in fridge, but freezer seemed too cold. We removed the glass shelves and purchased some open wire shelving and a fan to circulate. Still have moisture on back wall of fridge and frost in freezer. Then I saw where someone found that the factory setting for the thermostat was off. So where the light and setting dial is, they removed it and adjust a screw. I am currently looking again for this post specific and am not having luck.
blueyesuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:45 PM   #20

Sounds like you’re referring to a link I shared in one of the many fridge threads. Here’s the video Rockwood provided me to make that adjustment.

https://clearvision.canto.com/s/VJIP...b03ghijhdua617
Tow Vehicle:
2021 Ford F-150 / 11,600 towing / 1826 payload
Casademike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator