Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-19-2021, 08:12 PM   #1

19fbs epro soft spot in doorway

I have a 2020 flagstaff 19fbs epro that I bought new. I have taken it out 5 times this already. I have taken about 10 trips total since I bought it. I noticed on my trip last week, a soft spot had developed where the swing up solid steps are attached to the floor just inside the entrance way. I tried to see if water had leaked from under the sink that might have caused the soft area. It is as long as the width of the doorway, and as wide as the steps mountimg bracket. Could this area grow weak from tension from the steps, or is it possible that I have developed a water leak? Thoughts?
Caintuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:32 AM   #2

I think I would investigate the area under the stairs outside the cabin and see if the problem may be there.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2021, 08:44 AM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

Half my screws holding the staircase to floor are biting into nothing. I plan on watching what they do at the Goshen rally to see how they fix it, and what is under there.
NJKris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 03:11 PM   #4

*UPDATE* floor fix

I decided the best solution to my soft floor problem in my 2020 19fbs was to contact Forest River directly instead of the dealer first. Glad I did! I spoke to Fred Yoder with Forest River and gave him the location of the soft spot which was directly in the entrance. Fred informed me that there shouldn't be a leak there at all. He asked me to peel the linoleum flooring back and send him pics. The floor was definetly wet and rotted. He gave me a claim number, asked me to contact my dealer and have them to call Fred. Fred approved the repair. Dealer did a water pressure test and found that the seal around the door where the hand grab handle is located was never installed. My dealer removed the door, replaced the seal, removed the rotted floor and replaced with new plywood flooring in its place.
Everything repaired, neatly done, and no charge.
Caintuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 05:06 PM   #5
Trailer Park Supervisor

Great news Caintuck! BTW, at the Goshen rally, in post right above yours, I mentioned that my staircase was not properly mounted, screws biting into nothing. I DID watch them fix it. They used longer screws, and moved steps mounting plate slightly over to left (towards rear) to find new territory to screw into. Has been fine since. He explained he didn't want to mess with the integrity of the underbody coroplast sheeting, which is rolled over the edges of the plywood flooring and held in place between trailer framing and plywood.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:15 PM   #6

I am glad that it worked out for you as well! Thanks for adding your post. Good information.
Old 12-03-2021, 05:18 PM   #7
Trailer Park Supervisor

The more we all read about our problems and how they were fixed, the greater it is having this knowledge when you start to have a problem yourself. This forum is so valuable in that regard.

Tags
door