Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2021, 04:31 PM   #1

19FBS Rover Package Tires

We are planning on buying either a Geo-Pro or E-Pro 19FBS. We want the Rover package. I plan on replacing the tires shortly after purchase. I have heard that Michelin Defenders are good tires. I wanted to find out the factory tire size, speed rating, and load rating. Any input and suggestions are welcome.
Morgan_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:53 AM   #2

My Suggestion is to go to a dealer and actually look at the tires that are supplied on the rig you are wanting to change out something without knowing what is on the rig. Do you have a style of camping?
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #3

I was just trying to put together a budget for upgrades before we make the purchase. you're right, I don't know what will actually be on the rig. However, I have seen a lot of scary posts and picture on this site of factory supplied tires not lasting long.

As far as camping, we used to do tent camping, but we are at a point in our lives now where we want a few more comforts. We will probably start with staying in campgrounds with hook-ups and then branch out from there.
Old 02-27-2021, 03:16 PM   #4

One thing the forum doesn't tell you is the thousands and thousands of rigs that go about Rving just fine with the factory tires. You only hear about the small percentage that have problems. The tires on my rig are about to time out (5 years) they have good tread and have traveled many backroads off roads trails and have about 16K miles on them without problems. I keep the pressure set correctly and use a TPMS. I am going to up the weight rating when I change out in the spring. good luck on your purchase
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 02-27-2021, 06:40 PM   #5

You are correct. In any type of business, companies always receive many more complaints than compliments. If nothing goes wrong, most people just move on and don't spend the time to leave a compliment.

However, like I mentioned in my previous post, I am just putting together numbers for budgetary purposes. If I feel that I don't need to spend money on new tires, then I won't. In the mean time, do you have any insight into the tire size, speed rating, and load rating for the tires that come with a 19FBS?
Old 02-27-2021, 06:57 PM   #6

I could not find the actual size but looking at the rig and the specs I would expect them to be 205x75x14 load range C most of the tires in this size have a speed rating of 75 the standard ST tire is speed range 65. Plan for a good TPMS they are a trailer saver.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
Old 02-27-2021, 07:03 PM   #7

Thanks
Old 02-28-2021, 01:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan_N View Post
We are planning on buying either a Geo-Pro or E-Pro 19FBS. We want the Rover package. I plan on replacing the tires shortly after purchase. I have heard that Michelin Defenders are good tires. I wanted to find out the factory tire size, speed rating, and load rating. Any input and suggestions are welcome.

We bought a 2020 GeoPro 19FSB last summer, which we like. I'm not familiar with the "Rover" designation. Ours has a "4 lift, and came with Westlake tires: ST 2335/75 R15. After only a few thousand miles, I have no complaints. My input... Why replace the tires? My advice...get a rear view camera. Best, Bryan
ElyWhy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire, tires