Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2011, 07:40 PM   #1

2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS

We are looking at buying a used 2006 Flagstaff 831FKSS. It has the White cabinets and SS Appliances. Front Slide out, Rear Bedroom.. We can't find any information on this... Any info I would be grateful.

Just found this site, look forward to learning more info about the Flagstaff Camper, we have had a Jayco for 5 years and this camper will be an upgrade.

Thank You,
BR
Pote05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:27 PM   #2

Any suggestions that anyone has??? Since I am buying used from an couple that used it twice. They can't answer a lot of the questions on things.. It has been kept in a shed now for 2 years. Looks great.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #3

Old 09-20-2011, 06:29 PM   #4

Any Tips or Tricks from anyone??? Thank You...
Old 09-20-2011, 06:49 PM   #5

We don't have that model, but, we do have an 06 model 831QBSS. Had it since new, and, I believe we still have all the paperwork. I may be able to answer some of your questions.
Handye9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:05 PM   #6

The folks we bought it from only used it twice... They are an older couple in poor health and bless thier heart. They can't answer a lot of questions on the unit.

I am almost needing a walkthru with a dealer.. I ask how they winterized it, they put it in the heated barn... How the surround sound system works, they have never turned it on. They have a little radio they use, mostly read when they camped... I have had a 05 Jayco 23FB, but this is a MAJOR upgrade for us...
Old 09-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #7

shake down

fire up all major systems and make sure they work--outlets/ A/c Furnace/Water Heater /Water pump etc.. Check for plumbing leaks and critter (mouse) damage they chew wires.. Get on the roof and look for tears or cracks in the sealer. good luck . the pictures look like it is in good shape..
4:10 rearend - Roxy the puppy when allowed.
41 Days camped in 2011 and counting.
rbarrieau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 08:07 PM   #8

what info are you looking for. ? that is the same as my rockwood 8315SS... great unit.
pretty standard. what questions do you have about this unit ?
Old 09-20-2011, 08:15 PM   #9

Thanks for all the help everyone....

We have never had a slideout what should I lube, clean, change???

How do I winterize this unit, it also has tank heaters for year round use...

Can I hook up my Direct TV to the outside of the unit an dit work.. In my Jayco I had to undo the splitter for the Direct TV to work...

I will have more after I pick it up for sure, they said on the phone tonight that they had every manual that came with it..
Old 09-21-2011, 06:50 AM   #10

Ours is a 2010 829FKSS. It's about the same, except a bit shorter - 29' vs 31' in the model number. I think you gained a foot in the bathroom and another foot in the bedroom. The kitchen and living room are the same. See my post under "vanity modification". I can probably answer any questions you still have. I use the spray slideroom lubricant and spray my slideroom rails everytime I open the room. Probably don't have to lubricate that often, but the spray is not too thick. I also use the sealer spray on the rubber seals around the slideroom. It keeps them from getting dried out and cracking. There is a partitian in the rear storage area which has to be removed to winterize the unit. It's kind of a pain the first time, but once you have done it, it's not too much trouble. I don't use Direct-TV so can't help you there. I did add the digital antenna, and I usually pick up a dozen or so channels over the air - more than enough for my TV watching. If I can get local news, it's usually enough for me. The manuals are not too good, you have to really use your imagination. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.
Chillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #11

ditto on the slide lube....you don't want to use any lube that has a "sticky" coating....dirt and grit will stick to it. there is a satellite hookup outside and inside where . should be an easy hookup. we have never used the tank heaters,since we are on a permenent site and close in the winter.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:30 AM   #12

Winterizing: I would find the water pump and check for a bypass valve. My Flagstaff didn't come with one, (about 15.00 for the kit) I added it. Makes winterizing very easy. Also, locate the bypass valves on the water heater.

The tank heaters work pretty well. However, they don't do anything for your fresh water system. First thing to freeze would be your outside shower.

I have used my TT for deer hunting in North Dakota. I disconnected and capped off the water lines that go to the outside shower, This, also saves one step in winterizing. Tank heaters did fine in five degree weather. Only problem was the dump valve froze. Black and gray tanks were warm and full, but, had no where to go until I could thaw the dump valve. Took about an hour with a 12 volt hair drier and a thirty foot 12 volt extension cord.

The surround sound system is going to be a Concertone model ZX500. Not very reliable. Mine is still woring, but, there are/were many others that did not last long. I've been told, Concertone is out of business. I would use it until it dies, then install a Jensen.
Handye9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:51 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillbilly View Post
Ours is a 2010 829FKSS. It's about the same, except a bit shorter - 29' vs 31' in the model number. I think you gained a foot in the bathroom and another foot in the bedroom. The kitchen and living room are the same. See my post under "vanity modification". I can probably answer any questions you still have. I use the spray slideroom lubricant and spray my slideroom rails everytime I open the room. Probably don't have to lubricate that often, but the spray is not too thick. I also use the sealer spray on the rubber seals around the slideroom. It keeps them from getting dried out and cracking. There is a partitian in the rear storage area which has to be removed to winterize the unit. It's kind of a pain the first time, but once you have done it, it's not too much trouble. I don't use Direct-TV so can't help you there. I did add the digital antenna, and I usually pick up a dozen or so channels over the air - more than enough for my TV watching. If I can get local news, it's usually enough for me. The manuals are not too good, you have to really use your imagination. Let me know if I can help you with anything else.

Where do you get these sprays? Who makes them?? THANK YOU
Old 09-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #14

looks exactly the same as our 2008 8315SS with the exception of the atrium windows on our slide....we love this trailer ! wife picked out the white interior....
only problems were with the converter,which the dealer replaced under warranty. no other problems after 3 years.we only wish the large front window in the kitchen area could open. trailer front faces a large open lawn. it would allow us to receive the breezes coming across this area.
front kitchen - My Photo Gallery
Old 09-21-2011, 10:12 AM   #15
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
You probably know all this stuff as you have had a trailer before, but... A 2006 will likely have an analog TV and will require a digital converter box to function for over-the- air reception. You probably ought to replace the tires because of their age, appearance does not count. Replace the water filter or bypass it - your choice. New battery. Trailers often come with two sets of keys - make sure you get both. Take it to a shop and have the bearings serviced and the brakes checked. Check all running lights for proper function. Sanitize the water system. Were the tanks dumped and flushed when it was last used? What about that ten day power outage in December of "10? How cold did it get in the heated barn? Assume nothing!!! If possible, hook the trailer up in the barn and check the systems before purchasing it.

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #16

The sprays can be found at larger Walmarts or any RV dealer who sells accessories. They are very common. As far as Winter camping, we have camped down to 25 degrees and have never had a problem with anything freezing. In fact, the only problem we have had is with the electric jack on the A-frame. Seems to have been a short in the in-line fuse holder.
Chillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:19 PM   #17

Got the camper home tonight, how do you switch waster heater from gas to electric? Switch on wall is on off with a red light that says heater reset!
Old 09-22-2011, 10:23 PM   #18

Also can't find anything on the size of all the tanks?
Old 09-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #19

Also where is the inverter located???
Old 09-22-2011, 10:41 PM   #20
Site Team

Congrats on your "new to you" trailer! I can't answer your questions but sure others will be able to.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote