Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-01-2016, 07:27 AM   #1

2015 Flagstaff 8528IKWS

Hoping someone could enlighten myself.
The exhaust fan in the kitchen will not open, when I press the button for it to open it does make a small noise but fails to open
So then I manually open the the exhaust cover and press the button to operate it, It fails to start the fan then the fan hood closes. If anyone has had this problem could you explain how to fix this. Thank you.
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 07:37 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Can you post the make/model of the exhaust fan?
I did not realize an 8528IKWS had a motorized fan cover.
None of the ones I've looked at here in the States did.
Even a photo would help.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 09:51 AM   #3
WFD

First off let's make sure we are talking about the same thing...I see you are in Australia, and I had an awesome Australian neighbour for a few years, but many times we didn't understand each other simply cause we had different terminology for certain things!
Are you talking about the hood vent cover over the stove top or are you talking about the Fantastic Fan vent on the ceiling above the island in the kitchen?
Old 10-01-2016, 09:57 AM   #4

WFD that was something I did not consider when reading the post I assumed the range hood good call
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #5
WFD

I think our Australian buddy is likely sleeping right now, given the time difference...we'll wait to hear from him/her later...like 5picker said, I have never seen a motorized range hood cover on these models.
Old 10-01-2016, 02:58 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
First off let's make sure we are talking about the same thing...I see you are in Australia, and I had an awesome Australian neighbour for a few years, but many times we didn't understand each other simply cause we had different terminology for certain things!
Are you talking about the hood vent cover over the stove top or are you talking about the Fantastic Fan vent on the ceiling above the island in the kitchen?

Yes it's the fan in the ceiling above the island in the kitchen.
Steve13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 12:48 PM   #7

One thing I have noticed on my 2017 8528IKWS...We have 4 MAXAIRs: one bedroom, one bathroom, two living area. We love them but some oddities about them:
  • The two in the living area are cross-wired. Meaning the left switch control the right fan and vice-versa. Obviously no big deal.
  • When I turn off either of the 2 living room fans, the door also shuts. Although I can open each door without the fan coming on.
  • The bathroom fan works as it should: door and on/off independent of each other.
  • Bedroom has no switch on the wall. Door is opened with the knob. Push button on fan turns it on and off.
They really move the air though. Hint: best not to have the bathroom exhaust fan on when you flush. It's a very good black tank exhaust too. If you get by drift. :-)
Camper1b is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
8528, flagstaff