Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2016, 02:37 PM   #1

Unhappy 2016 Flagstaff first winter dry camp problems

My new TT (Flagstaff 26FKWS) is in my ranch shop snowed in so I decided to give it a try for the weekend (not the same as being outside but close, building has no heat). I left it winterized and used bottled water and the port-a-potty from my boat for cooking and bodily needs. Things went good the first morning I got the 28" TV combo DVD mounted in the bedroom and tested, furnace worked great, sound system worked like it should with the exception of the remote which seemed iffy at times.

Then in the afternoon I put a bowl of soup in the microwave entered the cook time and hit start, WOW what a surprise, loud noise, heavy vibration, and strong smell of burning electrical insulation. I turned the breaker off to ensure not further problems and heated my soup on the stove (which worked great). Next I discovered that all six 110V receptacles are on the same 15 amp breaker and with two electrical heaters on low one TV running when I tried to use a plunge blender in the kitchen the breaker popped.

This morning I woke up and the bedroom ceiling light would not work. I pulled the lens cover and found the solider connection to the LED broken (looks like a cold solider joint). The Serta mattress was not very comfortable I'm going to swap it for the Air Mattress in my Winnebago.

Boy I'm glad I decided to test things at the ranch instead of out in the Idaho backwoods, on the positive side everything should be covered by the warranty. Funny how everything worked at the buyer check out.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, winter