Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2019, 06:25 PM   #1

Battery / power/ solar questions

Hello Everyone,

I have had a time with my new epro 19fbs TT. to keep it short, Its been one thing after the other with this thing and it went in for Warranty service and took over 2 months to get it back (Camping World). Only camped in it once and the a/c leaked, and the oven would not work. Supposedly these issues are fixed now but haven't been able to check due to the below issue...

While it sat for that time the battery disconnect was never turned off and the battery drained completely. This is a solar model so I am curious how it drained 100% while sitting outside for over 2 months?

While towing it back home (about 45 minute drive) the 7 way trailer adapter did not provide any sort of charge. Is this supposed to charge the battery back? Ive heard mixed things there.

I had to plug it into my house to get the electric trailer jack to work and thankfully allowed me to remove it from my truck.

Will my house power re-charge a completely dead battery?

Thank you!
Jtoliver43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 07:34 PM   #2

If the battery had been totally run down, it's probably toast. You can take it to an auto parts store and have it load tested, but it's probably dead.

Don't understand why the solar didn't keep it charged, though. Something is not hooked up correctly or is turned off, I'd guess.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
Site Team

Depending on where it was parked the solar panel could have been mostly or completely blocked from the sun. Or as said above, something is either not hooked up or is turned off.

The 7-way connector only supplies a small current when connected, so it wouldn't come close to recharging a completely dead battery.

As Roo said, the battery is likely toast, so while the onboard converter/charger will normally recharge the battery, it likely won't help your battery.
Old 01-28-2019, 04:00 PM   #4

Welcome to the club with issues. I've had a few myself that was either over looked by the dealer or manufacturer. Not sure if this is the norm with all travel trailers but I'd expect more from QC on something that's a bit over $20k for a 19ft trailer .

The control panel should tell you if it's getting a charge from the solar panel by way of amps from it. You just need to watch for it when it cycles through the information.

The battery should have a warranty, no? Try contacting the place you bought it from and see what they say.

I've only camped in it one night and since then it's been winterized but I've had to fix a few issues with one more to go.
Danieloneil01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, battery, solar