Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2019, 12:15 AM   #21

I have a 2019 Micro-Lite 2104S, which is essentially the same trailer. Whenever you want to search the forum for info, it's a good idea to include that in the search parameters to get more hits.
The DW, dog and I have greatly enjoyed this little trailer, it really makes the best use of the limited space, and is ripe for customizing.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 08:15 AM   #22

ahhh the 21DS. Great little trailer. We have a 2014 and keep visiting our dealer to gawk at the newer models. Things that have changed over the past 6 years are numerous. Slide mechanism, added cupboard space, shelves, low point drains etc. Too many to mention. But one thing they still insist on doing.

That horrible contraption under the dinette table. I fixed that once and for all.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dinette.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	171.9 KB
ID:	211114

sorry Jay. Better late than never. Nature threw me a curve ball and although I tried to dodge it, it took longer than expected. This is one of the most enjoyable mods I ever did to our 21DS.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:09 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post

That horrible contraption under the dinette table.
Oh I am definitely going to shamelessly copy that significant improvement. It can't not be better than that ridiculous original attempt at a collapsible table. Can I ask where you got that base from and is it secured to the floor or can you move it around? I'm about the only one that can operate that mess as it is, and just barely. The DW will definitely approve.
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 09:39 AM   #24
Kasual Kamper

I am interested in that information too, although I'm concerned that the table will still be wobbly. Is it?
JayArras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #25

This pedestal is a three stage air assisted mount. It is mounted solid to the floor as well as the table, so it is not removable like the medieval knee destroying contraption.

It will rotate a full 360 and adjust to the height of the bed so it can still be used for sleeping. I believe the height adjustments are 14 to 28 inches, but I would measure your table rails at the bench level to make sure you get the right height adjustments. I think all 21DS trailers are the same though.

This pedestal was originally only available from Springfield Marine, but Camping World carries it as well on sale right now for 254 smackers.

https://www.campingworld.com/search?...l&lang=default

With the table up and locked it is very stable. No wobble of any kind. I did use construction adhesive on the screws on the bottom flange and made sure they were of the right length. Did not want them to stick through the bottom of the slide. I used some pretty fat ones and I believe they were 3/4 length. It has been a while. The construction adhesive will prevent them pulling out.

The top is mounted same way. The clamps are adjustable for tension and when unlocked from the bed position, the air assist will push the table up to full height. No more lifting.

It is a bit tricky to push down the table and reach under to lock the clamps, however, we do not use it very often that way and if so, I have a young critter walking around who loves helping out Grumpy.

As a bonus, when rotating the table 90 degrees so the long end is pointing to the window, it creates additional room for the beer belly.
Old 07-30-2019, 11:14 AM   #26

Actually, just pulled the invoice. Cant believe I still had it. It is the 12 3/4 to 28 inch pedestal.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:46 PM   #27

2020 21 ds came in

Our 2020 21 ds came into our dealer, but we don’t take delivery until next Friday. We want an additional table mount installed on the outside of the trailer, so we went to talk to the technician. We were surprised when we stepped inside our new trailer and the floor plan is different from everything we had seen. The kitchen sink, counter area is now in an “L” shape. It allows for more counter space, but it also cuts down on the available floor space. I think I’m happy with the extra counter space. I hope the “L” doesn’t turn out to be an inconvenience.
(I found a photo on line, but I don’t know how to upload to my reply)
Ghmthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:15 PM   #28
Kasual Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghmthawk View Post
Our 2020 21 ds came into our dealer,... We were surprised when we stepped inside our new trailer and the floor plan is different from everything we had seen. The kitchen sink, counter area is now in an “L” shape.
Are you sure they're giving you the right trailer? All the 2020 floor plans for the 21DS I've seen have no "L".
Old 09-22-2019, 12:45 AM   #29

Yep, it was a mid year change. We just bought a 2020 rockwood 2104s. It has the L counter and now standard 32inch tv. We think it's a perfect layout. Except for the cheap toilet and Chinese tires, it's a really beautiful spacious trailer for its length
Old 09-22-2019, 11:12 AM   #30
Kasual Kamper

Forest River hasn't updated their web site with the new layout yet. I'd love to see some pictures!
Old 09-22-2019, 11:44 AM   #31

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/202...1DS-5009631154
Old 09-22-2019, 12:04 PM   #32
Kasual Kamper

Thanks. Interesting layout, but I think it makes it very difficult for two people to be in the kitchen at the same time. I think I like the old layout better (the one they haven't updated yet in the diagram by the way ).

Tags
flagstaff, lite