Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2020, 08:59 PM   #1

2020 Flagstaff 26fks main slide creeping out during travel

Any one experienced top front of main slide creeping out while towing? Half way through a 4 hr trip I noticed top of slide out around 3”. When we arrived at camp site it went out fine and I inspected inside and out all seemed fine. I rigged up a slide lock for the trip home, helped some but still a bit of creep. Noticed some rubbing from the seals on the front exterior slide wall. Appreciate any feed back
Thanks
Csbadvisor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 11:01 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Csbadvisor View Post
Any one experienced top front of main slide creeping out while towing? Half way through a 4 hr trip I noticed top of slide out around 3”. When we arrived at camp site it went out fine and I inspected inside and out all seemed fine. I rigged up a slide lock for the trip home, helped some but still a bit of creep. Noticed some rubbing from the seals on the front exterior slide wall. Appreciate any feed back
Thanks
Ok answered my own question. Dealer Good Life RV in Bevington, Iowa was very accommodating and got me right in as we have a trip planned. Slight adjustments to slide and should be good to go. So far have not had bad experiences with dealer or Forest River
Old 06-25-2020, 02:28 PM   #3
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Glad to hear of your good experiences with your dealer and FR.

I don't know of any Flagstaffs that have hydraulic slides which are usually associated with 'creeping'.

Mechanical slides such as those in the Flagstaffs & Rockwoods are mechanical and run by an electric motor and gears. I wouldn't think adjustments would solve a 'creeping' issue but I'm only speculating.

Worn/stripped gears in a motor or simply not retracting until tight allowing the mass of the slide to move are some of the movement issues I've seen/read about.

I did have a SOB (some other brand) with a mechanical side that came with slide supports to be installed when retracted but it was a super slide that was about 20' long.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 09:05 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Glad to hear of your good experiences with your dealer and FR.

I don't know of any Flagstaffs that have hydraulic slides which are usually associated with 'creeping'.

Mechanical slides such as those in the Flagstaffs & Rockwoods are mechanical and run by an electric motor and gears. I wouldn't think adjustments would solve a 'creeping' issue but I'm only speculating.

Worn/stripped gears in a motor or simply not retracting until tight allowing the mass of the slide to move are some of the movement issues I've seen/read about.

I did have a SOB (some other brand) with a mechanical side that came with slide supports to be installed when retracted but it was a super slide that was about 20' long.
Thanks, Hopefully issue has been solved, traveling soon so we’ll see. I purchased a slide lock just in case

Tags
flagstaff, slide, travel