Hello all from Atlanta GA. I'm Dave - a future FR owner. We've owned a Northern Lite truck camper for the past 14 years because we usually tow a boat. So we're not new to RVing just to travel trailers. We have many friends that have TT's and now we've finally decided to go a little larger.
I drove out to Denver to pick up the Northern Lite due to the few and far between truck campers down here in the southeast so I'm not averse to traveling to pick one up either.
The DW and I have our eye on the 26FKBS floorplan. They are hard to find around here. We have been to a FR dealer up in north GA and do like the better quality feel. Just haven't seen an actual FKBS.
These are the options we are planning on getting:
- White exterior
- Newport Ash / Mojave interior (the lighter color doors)
- 12 volt 11 CF refrigerator w/190 watt solar panel
- Day/night roller shades (which is confusing seeing that this is the pleated upgrade instead of what I'm used to calling roller shades)
- 15,000 A/C upgrade
- 2nd roof A/C with heat
- Small and Large slide toppers
- Free standing table & chairs
- Standard sleeper sofa
- and the standard Carbon Monoxide detector, water purifier, and the Maxxair vent fan and cover in the bathroom.
We have found several in stock at ExploreUSA in Texas. 12 hours one way - Not quite as far as Denver...
I'm looking to get the Reese Strait-Line 1,200 lb Trunnion Style Weight Distribution Kit (Part #: 66074) and was wondering if the frame on this camper will fit?
Reese says not for trailer frames wider that 2-1/2 inches.
If anyone has any recommendations, options, or comments on anything related please don't hesitate to enlighten us.
Thanks in advance.