Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2020, 11:16 AM   #1

2021 e pro 19fd questions

We have purchased the above but it is on order. We have viewed them and researched them and reluctantly sold our Casita travel trailer as we wanted to be able to get out of bed without crawling over one another. However, i have a few questions about features.
1) where do you store your sewer hose?
2) are any of the outlets wired for dc to plug in a toaster or other electric device? I'm not referring to a cigarette lighter plug. Thank you.
Adogbmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 02:00 PM   #2

Also, what type of solar port is on the side? Zamp? Furrion? Other? Thanks
Old 10-05-2020, 11:28 AM   #3

I don't own an E Pro, but my Geo Pro has a sewer hose storage tube underneath the trailer. I just watched a walkaround video of your trailer, and it appears your model does as well.

The electrical outlets can be powered with 12 volts via the standard 1000 watt inverter. Standard equipment is listed on the manufacturer's website.

The solar panel is the same unit that's on my Geo Pro: Go Power Solar Flex 100 watt unit. The external "solar on the side" plug is compatible with any portable solar kit rated for 20 amps. Website listed on the sticker is solarontheside.com
Greywater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 01:14 PM   #4

Thx for your response. I was not able to see sewer hose holder on e pro pics/videos but watched a geo pro and saw where it is. The 2021 e pro cones with a 190 Watt on the roof. I Saw the side port but again, dont know if it's for Zamp or other. I know i can reverse polarity if a zamp. Unfortunately the mfg website is not as detailed as I'd like it to be. It does not list that all outlets are ac as well as dc as you state. i know a lot of trailers/RVs have none or one. There is less details about the 2021 in general.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:37 PM   #5

I got the solar panel info on the E pro section of Forest River's website. They state it's a "100 Watt Roof Mount Solar Panel w/ 1000 Watt Inverter" under "standard package A". The pic of the panel also shows 100 watts. It's entirely possible they made changes already and didn't update their website.

All 12 of my 110 v outlets work in my trailer when on 12 V battery power and with the inverter turned on. There's only one cigarette lighter outlet and it's behind my TV (it's used to power the TV when boondocking). I'm guessing that your trailer should be similar.
Old 10-05-2020, 01:42 PM   #6

This is the side plug (on my geo pro):

"RV’s equipped with Solar on the Side are outfitted with an SAE solar port where you can quickly and easily plug in a portable solar panel."
https://gpelectric.com/files/gpelect...Solar-Port.jpg
Old 10-05-2020, 02:09 PM   #7

According to Zamp's website, the SAE port is what they use:

"Our single sidewall SAE solar port is weather-resistant and can be mounted in a sidewall or on a roof. Connect it to your battery with the included 10 AWG wire.This port is compatible with any Zamp Solar SAE plug."

https://www.zampsolar.com/solar-port
Old 10-05-2020, 02:55 PM   #8

Yea, they made a number of changes including solar and biggest of all 12v refrigerator. Now that I know it's a zamp i know what to do to wire my foldable solar panel (not renogy). Cool that all it's outlets 12v.
Old 10-05-2020, 10:18 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adogbmw View Post
Yea, they made a number of changes including solar and biggest of all 12v refrigerator.

You should be able to easily climb up on to the roof during your pre purchase evaluation to verify solar panel wattage. I've got a 2021 G16BH (replaced my Casita as well!) with solar and two refrigerators. Mine has a 100 watt panel on the roof.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:12 PM   #10

We bought a 2021 E-Pro E19FD in August, took it on a 2-week trip around Labor Day. Absolutely luvvit! I didn't know the answer to your power questions, but we store our sewer hose in the tube under the trailer near the back.
The only issue I've had was when I went to winterize. The RCS canister that holds the KW1 water filter? Somebody at the factory super-tightened it. It was an absolute bear to get the filter out so I could pump antifreeze in.
2021 Flagstaff E-Pro E19FD - our 4th camper
It's not just a life - it's an adventure!
Attila the Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2020, 07:32 PM   #11

Thanks and glad to hear that you've had a good experience with your trailer. I hope we have the same experience. Can you tell me if the trailer has tank monitors? If not, can uou view the fresh water tank to see how much fresh you have?
Old 10-08-2020, 05:09 PM   #12

Yes, it has tank level indicators. I can see the bottom 2-3-4" of the freshwater tank when I bend over and look under the trailer.
2021 Flagstaff E-Pro E19FD - our 4th camper
It's not just a life - it's an adventure!
Attila the Pun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 10:16 AM   #13

Ours is a 2019 and yes, the sewer storage is a tube underneath. The Solar on the side is an SAE plug. I bought the Renogy 100w suitcase portable and ordered a 20' extension cable. Works like a charm.
I don't have pre-installed solar on the roof, but do have a plug up there to be wired up. Still need to do that.
We love ours. Just got back from 5 days up in the sierras...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KIMG1381.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	580.9 KB
ID:	241002  
Old 12-06-2020, 01:50 AM   #14

Sad to hear they went to a 12 volt fridge. Have you priced them? Outrageous. Hope you never have to replace or repair a 12 volt fridge. Cheaper to run on propane and or shore power.
Weekend Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:34 AM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Wonder View Post
Sad to hear they went to a 12 volt fridge. Have you priced them? Outrageous. Hope you never have to replace or repair a 12 volt fridge. Cheaper to run on propane and or shore power.
12v DC fridges are cheaper than the 2-way RV propane/electric fridges, which is why RV manufacturers are moving to them. And they are bigger.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 11:32 AM   #16

Hello,
During my research of the E-Pros I reached out to the factory about the fridge/solar confusion. Here is what they told me:
-If the camper has a gas/electric fridge (smaller fridge) then it has a 100w panel
-If the camper has 12v only fridge (larger with separate freezer) it has a 190w panel.
-All of the 110v outlets work on solar. The only things not wired up to it is the AC and microwave.
chucknbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 01:59 PM   #17

Your factory reply was correct. In the long run, I went with a 200 watt portable suitcase solar panel because I ended up replacing the two 12 volt 120 pounds of batteries that came with the camper and bought 1 lithium 12 volt battery that weighs 22 pounds. I use the empty battery box for storage. The 200 watt solar panels charge my lithium battery very quick and I can recharge the battery 5000 times. Thats like 12 years or so. I really believe lithium batteries will replace lead acid in all RV's in the coming years.
Old 12-11-2020, 02:03 PM   #18

I can run all my interior and exterior lights, television, radio, and heater for 15 straight hours on one lithium battery. If you had say 2 or 3 lithium batteries hooked up in parallel with an inverter, you could run your A/C and microwave for at least 2 hours straight.
Old 01-16-2021, 01:16 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywater View Post
I got the solar panel info on the E pro section of Forest River's website. They state it's a "100 Watt Roof Mount Solar Panel w/ 1000 Watt Inverter" under "standard package A". The pic of the panel also shows 100 watts. It's entirely possible they made changes already and didn't update their website.

All 12 of my 110 v outlets work in my trailer when on 12 V battery power and with the inverter turned on. There's only one cigarette lighter outlet and it's behind my TV (it's used to power the TV when boondocking). I'm guessing that your trailer should be similar.

For those of us who recently ordered a 2021 19FD—it now comes with a 12V fridge. So they have also updated the solar panel to 190W
StephenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 10:00 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenR View Post
For those of us who recently ordered a 2021 19FD—it now comes with a 12V fridge. So they have also updated the solar panel to 190W
Just received my 2021 15TB on jan 5 and it did not come with a 12v fridge. I was expecting a 12v fridge but got a 4.5 cu ft, Frigidaire 115 volt. Anyone know what is going on with the refrigerators???
Bellas owner is offline   Reply With Quote