Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2021, 06:55 AM   #1

2021 E-Pro 19RD - Leaking Kitchen Faucet

Has anybody had an issue with the kitchen faucet leaking? I only had my RV for 3 weeks. I picked it up over 1000 miles away, so can not just go back to the dealer. Am going to call a local dealer today to see if they can fix or order me a new one and I can fix it. (pretty easy job) That said I read here on the forums I might not get much help from a dealer I did not buy the unit from. Not sure how the warranty works with Forest River.

I noticed water on top of the furnace and a little on the floor. After investigating it I confirmed that the drip leak is coming from within the faucet base. The hot and cold pipes go into the base. I tried to see if the base comes apart, but I do not see any access; I assume the hot and cold pipes must come with the faucet and are quick connected outside of the faucet.

Does anyone know what faucet this is, or how to get access? Was hoping it was just a matter of tightening the pipe connects inside the base somehow.
mpg111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:31 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Every R/V seemingly uses a different faucet.

Unless you give us a photo to go off of or the make of the faucet, we are guessing.
FR uses different faucets throughout their brands and even across models so not every 2021 E-Pro 19RD may even have the same. They use whatever they can get and getting is tough right now. More so than it has ever been because of COVID shortages.

Some faucets come apart, others do not easily. Usually, single lever faucets with pipes cannot be tightened up inside the faucet. Ones with braided hoses, maybe.

Yes... getting repair work and especially warranty work can be tough sledding from a dealer you didn't buy from. That's the R/V industry. It's a shame you didn't realize that. Maybe you did and the price difference of buying from a dealer 1000 miles away canceled that out. Your dealer should always be your 1st line of communication when you have issues.

Mobile R/V technicians can often do warranty work. Good ones will get warranty authorization for you. Others will make you pay and you have to get reimbursed with FR. Just be sure to get prior authorization in writing.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 06:01 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. 5picker gave you a great answer I will only add that some folks have replaced their faucets with units from big box stores.
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 06:39 PM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I should have took pictures, but here is what I did. First scoped out replacement from big box....saw many for @$80 or @$40 for the Walmart cheapies.

Unscrewed handle...under that was a Alan-hex screw, removed that. Then the handle actuator came out of the handle. I notice the only thing stopping the water was a rubber gasket shaped with three oval holes (hot,cold,mixed out) I put it back together again and that stopped the leak. Guessing the gasket just moved a fraction while moving RV or I tightened it up a bit more to add the compression.

Anyway the main point is you can easily take apart the faucet if needed.
mpg111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 07:21 PM   #5

Thanks for letting the forum know what you did to fix the problem that is how we learn and support other FROGS
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 08:42 AM   #6
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpg111 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I should have took pictures, but here is what I did. First scoped out replacement from big box....saw many for @$80 or @$40 for the Walmart cheapies.

Unscrewed handle...under that was a Alan-hex screw, removed that. Then the handle actuator came out of the handle. I notice the only thing stopping the water was a rubber gasket shaped with three oval holes (hot,cold,mixed out) I put it back together again and that stopped the leak. Guessing the gasket just moved a fraction while moving RV or I tightened it up a bit more to add the compression.

Anyway the main point is you can easily take apart the faucet if needed.
Great! Glad you got the leak fixed.
And a good lesson for everyone to not assume that lines are loose when it actually was the cartridge that was leaking. It pays to disassemble and check before throwing a replacement at things.

Old 04-22-2021, 01:43 PM   #7

Faucet

RV faucets are plastic. Replace w/ a residential faucet, same price or slightly more. It does take an adaptor-$5 each line. Much better quality.
Tundra 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2021, 04:35 PM   #8
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Actually, not all are.

My factory, single lever faucets on both my kitchen sink and bathroom sink on my 2016 Flagstaff are/were pretty good quality metal faucets.

We changed them because the DW didn't like the height/pull-out of the kitchen faucet and didn't like the bowl reach of the bathroom faucet but they weren't your run of the mill cheap plastic brand.

I will agree the shower faucet and the outdoor shower faucet couldn't be any cheaper plastic.

Tags
19rd, 2021, e-pro, faucet, leak