Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-13-2020, 10:29 AM   #1

2021 Flagstaff updates?

Hi - new guy here.

We've got a deposit down on a 2021 25BRDS and was curious if there are any known updates. The only difference on the build sheet that I can tell is a new color designation - Slate wood with Acadia interior (instead of Diamond). The dealer mentioned it's just the "new" diamond, but I don't have any other details until it comes in.

I noticed on the Rockwood forum, there are a number of changes including Goodyear Endurance, power jacks standard, One Control. Do the updates typically follow between Rockwood and Flagstaff?

Thanks!
-Kevin
KevinV916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:48 AM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinV916 View Post
Hi - new guy here.

We've got a deposit down on a 2021 25BRDS and was curious if there are any known updates. The only difference on the build sheet that I can tell is a new color designation - Slate wood with Acadia interior (instead of Diamond). The dealer mentioned it's just the "new" diamond, but I don't have any other details until it comes in.

I noticed on the Rockwood forum, there are a number of changes including Goodyear Endurance, power jacks standard, One Control. Do the updates typically follow between Rockwood and Flagstaff?

Thanks!
-Kevin
Yes. They are made on the same line.
Colors/interiors are specific to Rockwood and Flagstaff but the platforms are the same.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 10:05 PM   #3

quick follow up:

Got a reply from Flagstaff support with some changes for 2021:

· Hidden Hinges for cabinetry now used
· Goodyear Endurance Tires Standard
· Roof Solar Prep now standard – optional solar and inverter
· 12V heat pads now standard
· Dealer and Customer friendly global Key-Alike system for all locks
· Upgraded Kitchen Faucets
· New Fascia
· One Control System standard – all controls for trailer on an app

We have a 25BRDS that should be arriving any day now, so hopefully I can verify.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:48 PM   #4

Let's hope they removed the dometic 300s from the list as well.
dbledan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 09:31 PM   #5

Went to take a look at the 2021 25BRDS today - I don't know what model the toilet was, but it is not plastic. Think the 300s you mentioned was plastic according to my googling
Old 09-08-2020, 10:02 AM   #6

So I took receipt of a 2021 Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BRDS a couple of weeks ago.

The rep called a couple of weeks before the build date and offered an option that had been previously unavailable. He mentioned that the propane/electric fridge that was standard was low on inventory due to supply chain issues and that, while I could still get that fridge in mine, that I could also opt to get a larger, all-electric fridge in it's place. To make up for the loss of propane option, he also offered to install the 190W solar panel and inverter at no cost. The unit also arrived with 2 batteries installed...which I believe is not typical.

However, the thing that is strange is that he mentioned that the OneControl system would also be installed....except the trailer arrived without it. I was not in a position to not take the trailer home...so had to take the trailer as is. Now I'm trying to figure out why it doesn't have the OneControl system and if there is anything to do about it.

I took receipt of the trailer...so I assume I don't have any leg to stand on...but it's strange, nonetheless.
XLT_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:42 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLT_66 View Post
To make up for the loss of propane option, he also offered to install the 190W solar panel and inverter at no cost. The unit also arrived with 2 batteries installed...which I believe is not typical.

I took receipt of the trailer...so I assume I don't have any leg to stand on...but it's strange, nonetheless.
Unless something has changed, after decades, towables don't come with factory batteries. They are dealer-installed items.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 02:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Unless something has changed, after decades, towables don't come with factory batteries. They are dealer-installed items.
Well, you may be right there. I purchased from a buddy of mine so maybe he installed the dual batteries. Either way - I'm not complaining. We'll see how these perform before going the 6V route.
XLT_66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:40 PM   #9

Unlike car Manufacturers, RV manufactures make their changes as they go...which means 'early' 2021's might have only had the new tire change, but no other changes....then 'later' 2021's have more of the features until finally a 'mid' 2021 will have all of the new 2021 features.

Also, you can't go by the Rockwood website...the info there says 2020...but, most the info is for the 2019s.

Good luck!!

—————————————————
2020.5 Rockwood Mini Lite 2509s
2020 Ram 1500 Rebel
drburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 09:06 PM   #10

How do you like your 25BRDS ?

I'm between the Flagstaff 25BRDS the Rockwood 2509S or the Surveyor Legend 240BHLE.
Layout are very much same. Feels like the Rockwood and Flagstaff have different windows that can be a pro to leave them open when it rains.
charlesrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2020, 04:27 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinV916 View Post
I noticed on the Rockwood forum, there are a number of changes including Goodyear Endurance, power jacks standard, One Control. ...
I believe those changes are limited to the Signature/Classic (Rockwood/Flagstaff) line, not the Ultralight/Superlite or below.

Camping nights: 2021, 52; 2022, 99; 2023, 88; 2024, TBD (Est: 80+)

chriscowles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff