Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2022, 04:26 PM   #1

2022 Flagstaff MicroLite 25BRDS Lippert Slideout Fix

Hi. Lippert is aware of the issue their slideouts are having. I am attaching a picture of the fix Lippert has for the issue my slideout is having. For whatever reason, softer steel (?) or whatever it is, when I extend my slideout it "bows" the bracket that the arms translate out on. The arms have the teeth on the bottom that mesh with the gears to drive it in and out. Well, when the bracket "bows" it causes the gear teeth to slip and things get screwed up in a hurry. My local dealer welded on a "temp fix" which has worked so far. But like I said, I'm attaching a picture of what Lippert has for the fix.
I posted another thread about this topic that has pictures of the temp fix but wanted the title to reflect the Lippert fix.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lippert Slideout Fix.pdf (41.1 KB, 151 views)

2022 Flagstaff MicroLite 25BRDS

2018 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 5.3L 4WD 3.42 gears Auto/Manual Transmission. Z82 and Z85 pkgs.
boeingav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 02:40 PM   #2

Thank you for posting this info. I just bought a 2022 25BRDS and we pick it up on Friday.

It appears that this drawing from is from 2014, so this does not appear to be a new fix, but an old one for an ongoing issue. Too bad they haven't improved the design to eliminate the need. I will keep this fix in mind should we need it going forward.
bshelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:54 PM   #3

More Pics

It appears that this drawing from is from 2014, so this does not appear to be a new fix, but an old one for an ongoing issue. Too bad they haven't improved the design to eliminate the need. I will keep this fix in mind should we need it going forward.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I did not notice that the drawing was from 2014. The one ordered for me came in today. It's not as "beefy" as I thought it would be.
I am going to attach a picture of what the Forest River warranty gentleman sent me. He asked me if mine had it. I said no. So maybe the 2014 thing was a first fix and then they decided to do the other one right out of the factory. But it seems they missed mine. So you'll be able to look and see if this other fix has been put on. I am very curious if it is.
I just really want to be able to operate my slideout without fear it isn't going to come back in and we'll be stuck.
It is such a nice camper in my opinion. I really like it. The slideout makes all the difference in the world for us. And the bigger bunk beds. I hope you like yours as much as I like mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Factory Slideout Fix .jpg
Views:	4755
Size:	396.4 KB
ID:	277368  

2018 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 5.3L 4WD 3.42 gears Auto/Manual Transmission. Z82 and Z85 pkgs.
Old 08-17-2022, 07:21 PM   #4

Lippert Fix Didn't Work

Hi. Well, we got the part from Lippert but looking at it, there's no way it would work properly so we didn't install it. Instead we left the temp fix that the dealer had put on and added a piece of steel sort of like in the picture. It's ugly on a brand new camper but it works.

Tags
flagstaff, lite, slide