Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-15-2022, 01:02 PM   #1

2022 Flagstaff MicroLite 25BRDS Stab Jacks

Hi. When I got my TT, I stopped for the first night on the way home at a truck stop. When I lowered the stab jacks, they were so "bent" it almost ripped the drill from my hand. OK, not that bad, but it seemed quite bad to me. I contacted the dealer and they have sent me brand new ones. Well, yesterday running one in the garage, the new ones seem to be equally bent. Is this normal and I'm big dealing nothing? It won't let me upload a video but it wobbles the drill quite a lot seems like to me. Maybe they all do that?? It's not the drill.

2022 Flagstaff MicroLite 25BRDS

2018 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 5.3L 4WD 3.42 gears Auto/Manual Transmission. Z82 and Z85 pkgs.
boeingav8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2022, 04:51 AM   #2
Father Frederick

Seems, unusual. Unless the jack is down and the trailer shifted, causing the jack to flex, I can't rationalize how it would get bent. I have seen the stability jacks being bent by too much load, and using them as levelers, but your description does not seem to indicate any abuse. Just curious, if you can see how it's made. Is it lightweight metal, aluminum or is it steel with enough material to sufficiently do the job?
FredV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 07:33 AM   #3

stab jacks

Hi. The seem to be steel and strong enough to do the job. the dealer has agreed that the ones installed are bent. Not sure how or why but they sent me new ones. I put each one in my vice and ran them. Three are good and one is not. They will send me one good one. Thank you for your reply.

2022 Flagstaff MicroLite 25BRDS

2018 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 5.3L 4WD 3.42 gears Auto/Manual Transmission. Z82 and Z85 pkgs.
boeingav8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff, jacks, lite