Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2021, 05:43 PM   #1

22FBS questions

Hello,
We are thinking about ordering a 2021 22fbs. What are your thoughts on the 12v fridge and solar vs the dual stage fridges? Is it worth the extra $$?
We won’t really dry camp often, at least not without a generator. Also, 800# bars and an equalizer hitch sounds sufficient for those with real world use?
Right now my price is $28,500 from the dealer...
TV is a stock 2017 F150 5.0L
Old 03-08-2021, 07:33 PM   #2

As to the fridge, the opinions on those are all over the map. We have the propane/electric fridge and that works well for us.
Old 03-08-2021, 07:44 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverse_snowbird View Post
As to the fridge, the opinions on those are all over the map. We have the propane/electric fridge and that works well for us.

Dealer is telling me how I need the 12v fridge etc. Hard to distinguish if that is just an up sell or something most people actual like to have. Thanks for the reply.
Old 03-08-2021, 09:52 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by benitslu View Post
Dealer is telling me how I need the 12v fridge etc. Hard to distinguish if that is just an up sell or something most people actual like to have. Thanks for the reply.
Agree that the advice in the forum is all over the map on this one and did a lot of reading and ended up ordering the 26FKBS with the 12v fridge and solar option. We'll boondock occasionally and not for really long periods so felt the 12v was the option with dual 6v deep-cycle batteries. Guess time will tell how well that will work for us
CalgaryRVCouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:14 PM   #5

We have a 2021 Mini Lite 2205S. We ordered it with the 12-volt fridge mainly for the increased capacity but also because of the solar panel/charge controller that came in the package. We also equipped it with two 100 ah lithium iron phosphate batteries.
The main downside to the 12-volt fridge, in my opinion, is the slight hum of the compressor when it's running. The big upside, in my opinion, is there isn't a big vent hole in the back wall nor is there a big vent hole in the roof.
The inside of the refrigerator and freezer look huge when you open the doors.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:37 PM   #6

Yes, it is a good bit bigger.
I actually flipped course and put a deposit down for a special order 2205s today. The Rockwood price was much better and local. I added the 12V fridge.
Now the waiting begins...
Old 03-09-2021, 08:06 PM   #7

Hey, congrats. Ours took 13 weeks.
So far we've found just a couple of small hiccups, certainly nothing we need to have the dealer deal with.
First one is the sheet metal screws used to secure the battery box; they're tall enough to touch the bottom of the batteries. Easy fix. Second hiccup is several over-torqued screws in the cabinet door hinges. Again, easily fixed by removing the screw, inserting a half of a toothpick and reinstalling the screw.
18LT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by benitslu View Post
Yes, it is a good bit bigger.
I actually flipped course and put a deposit down for a special order 2205s today. The Rockwood price was much better and local. I added the 12V fridge.
Now the waiting begins...
I would suggest looking into outfitting it with an additional solar panel from the factory. It makes a HUGE difference in how long you can go off grid.

Cheers!
CivEngPE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
questions