Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-31-2013, 12:40 PM   #1

Question 23LB Heater Element for AC Unit

This is harder to get information about than I ever expected! Does anyone know if the AC Unit in the 23LB can have the optional heating element installed? If so, any recommendations on where to pick one up?
wdbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 01:20 PM   #2
Site Team

it would help if you posted the brand and model # of your a/c.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 08:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
it would help if you posted the brand and model # of your a/c.
It is the Coleman-Mack 8330-633. Thanks!
wdbrady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:54 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdbrady View Post
This is harder to get information about than I ever expected! Does anyone know if the AC Unit in the 23LB can have the optional heating element installed? If so, any recommendations on where to pick one up?
Where did you search? l Googled heating element for your stated A/C model and came up with several hits and the 4th one was this. I did not evaluate the other hits since it is not entirely clear what you searched for but did not find. Also when you said that the heating element was optional for your A/C unit I assume it is 'heat ready'.
2010 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3L | K&N filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
Wmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdbrady View Post
You can get a heat strip from the suburban supplier. I think it's called Axcel and also from the Carrier dealer. just type in google "suburban" and it will come up. You get the strip heat plus a new control board, you will have to add another stat wire or use your high or low speed wire if you don't use them both instead of trying to pull new stat wire, plus you will need a stat. They have the package, pretty simple to do.

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 04:19 AM   #6

Many roof AC units are built to support a heat function. But, you must have a proper thermostat that will work (and enough wires from the roof AC to the thermostat.) Most FR units lack the required "extra wire." If you are a good handyman its easy to install a new wire down and purchase a correct thermostat and heat strip. Also most dealers will do the job.
Toyota Tundra
SparkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
23lb, heater