Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2011, 10:29 PM   #1

26 Degree Temps for a few hours

I have a Flagstaff 26rlss, and I am planning to camp this weekend. The temps are predicted to go down to 27 for a few hours. What precuations should I take ? All water plumbing is not exposed , would running the heater all night be enough to protect the water lines, and how would the temps effect the water line into the camper. Very uncommon weather on the Missisippi Gulf Coast.
cmontet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 10:37 PM   #2

Open any doors with water pipes behind them, turn up the heat, keep the hot water heater on and if you are really worried, watch the temp and get up on the hour and turn on each water line (6 total plus one flush) to move the water in the lines a little.....This method worked for me at 24 degrees this past week. Boyd
Old 02-09-2011, 10:44 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

If you are talking about the temp drop while you are camping, the only thing I would do is put some water in the tank, and disconnect the city water connection and drain the hose, before you go to bed. That way, your supply hose won't freeze and leave you without water for a few hours after you wake up. If you are talking about the next day or so, most plug in to shore power, and run a small electric heater. Open the cabinet doors.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote