Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2018, 04:29 PM   #1

26fkws kitchen grey water waste dump

Not sure if this has been discussed; could not find it.
The dump connection and valve for the kitchen waste in my Flagstaff 26fkws is under the slide and very difficult/impossible to operate with slide out. Has anyone modified this?
Any suggestions.
Thanks
Old 04-10-2018, 04:53 PM   #2

The member GreenZR did this to his. Message him and see if he posted somewhere how to do it.
Locky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:08 AM   #3

Thanks. I found his post. unfortunately his solution will not work for me. my slide extends back to between the wheels.
will however consider modification to his idea.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:20 AM   #4

Very easy,Valterra sells a 90 Deg L that is for sewer hose and Garden Hose,also buy Valterra sewer Cap with the Garden Hose outlet! Run a Garden hose between the two! Youroo!!
Old 04-11-2018, 12:12 PM   #5
Senior Gold Member

Same Trailer - Flagstaff 26 FKWS

I have the same Trailer - 2015 Flagstaff 26 FKWS with the front dump valve under the slide out. Not that I like to do it but I connect the grey water hook up before putting out the slide and likewise disconnect after the slide is put in. When you are camped for a period of time and need to open the valve occasional, I put down a plastic tarp or piece of cardboard, get out my rubber kneeling pad and crawl under there. Its not great but possible to do. This is the least of the problems I have had with this trailer. The main slide takes up almost the whole opening between the from cupboards and the entertainment centre so I have to watch carefully when sending out or pulling in the main slide as it can catch on the cupboard knobs if the slide doesn't come in straight. I will PM you.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:25 PM   #6

thanks...and make sure that the tv is properly stored before moving the slide!.
I have connected the kitchen grey to a long drain hose then connected that with a Y to the other drain and on to the dump and used an in line valve before the y when camped for a week but do not like the idea of using the hose an grey water storage.
I am presently considering changing the existing dupm valve for a cable of electric one so the I can use it when the slide is out.
Other than this issue we enjoy the trailer.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:16 PM   #7

It is a pain. I have the same trailer. I do what Youroo said. It looks like the factory could have designed and installed a drain to the main drain. But I guess that have been an extra expense. You could also use a Y connector at or before the campground sewer outlet, run another sewer hose from the kitchen outlet to the Y, other side of Y would be for the black/grey from bathroom.
txredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:16 PM   #8

That is what I plan on doing. Just do not like to keep valve open. So i plan on changing Kitchen valve to cable operated and run cable forwards to the front of tt so that i can operate it without crawling under slide. when it worms up will do this and post again.
Old 05-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #9

Fixed. I installed a cable operated valve with the. Control mounted at the front of the tt. This way I can connect the hose before opening the slide and dump whenever I wish without crawling under or closing the slide.

Tags
grey water, water