Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #1

A positive word about forest river.

There are so many negatives that i though i would let everybody know that i have had great service over the last 5 yrs from the sales and service staff at forest river. Just ordered additional cabinet doors from them and was processed and handled great. Had a bad microwave 2 yrs ago, no problem fr sent us a check and we purchased identical unit. Again no hassle with fr...my experiences....
CHERV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:24 PM   #2
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Great to hear.

We'd have to concur. We are bumping up on 2-1/2 years with our latest FR product and both our dealer (B&R Camper Butler, PA) and FR have gone beyond the mark to satisfy us with the few issues we've encountered, both in and out of the warranty period.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:29 PM   #3

another happy camper 2nd year with our latest camper our dealer is great (Northgate RV Alcoa Tn.) this is the 3rd we have bought from them. and when i wanted a couple of cabinet doors FR shipped them very quickly. the TT has only had a couple of minor issues and Northgate handled them quickly can't say enough good things about them
rp53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp53 View Post
another happy camper 2nd year with our latest camper our dealer is great (Northgate RV Alcoa Tn.) this is the 3rd we have bought from them. and when i wanted a couple of cabinet doors FR shipped them very quickly. the TT has only had a couple of minor issues and Northgate handled them quickly can't say enough good things about them
I looked at Northgate RV in Ringgold, Ga. near Chattanooga, Tn. and talked to them but purchased elsewhere because they didn't carry what I wanted. They were great giving me a lot of advice since this was my first RV.

That being said, I purchased my TT Sep 2013, I've had a few problems under warranty all taken care of by the manufacturers, all the FR stuff has been fine. 2 problems this year, the end on the kitchen faucet broke, had to get a whole new faucet and a water inlet fitting on the toilet broke, easy fix.

2014 Grey Wolf 21RR
jd50i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:57 PM   #5

Great dealer

It's always nice to hear the positives when it comes to the company you're buying a product from. My husband and I just recently purchased a black label edition wolf pup 18to and are quite thrilled with it. Just a couple issues and the dealer (Hopper RV in Jacksonville IL) took care of them super quickly. We live in the Indianapolis IN area and when we got our new camper home the a/c wasn't cooling effectively. Not only did the dealership replace it with vertualy no questions asked they also brought the unit to our home the next day and replaced it at our house. We have not had dealings with FR itself however we have had difficulty with finding much info on the ble wolf pup 18to. Does anyone know where they are manufactured?
Jjjrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #6

FR

A couple of things. Everything said so far on this thread is about how well FR handled their problems. The real problem is the terrible quality control in their mfg. process. The amount of quality control problems that a company has a direct impact on their customer service. The worse the QC is, the worse their CS becomes.

On another note, why should having problems with your RV be expected? Even worse, why is acceptable? Just because you had a problem and they solved it, doesn't address the core issue of quality control at all.

What I just said primarily addresses mechanical problems. To me, another problem that is just as big (if not bigger) is the the absolutely terrible "fit and finish" problems. I look at their new products every year. I've never seen a new rig come from the factory that didn't have fit and finish problems. Forest River isn't the only mfg of RV's that has this problem also.

I own a Forest River Class A. I love it now, but it took a few years of battles with FR to get it that way.
ptillett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #7

I have to say that over the last 3 years not only Foresr River, but the folks at Meyer's RV in Bath NY have taken excellent care of me and my unit!
johnshoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:06 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jjjrb View Post
We have not had dealings with FR itself however we have had difficulty with finding much info on the ble wolf pup 18to. Does anyone know where they are manufactured?
Nearly all FR divisions are near Goshen, Indiana.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
Nearly all FR divisions are near Goshen, Indiana.
Except for the 2 plants near Los Angeles... and then there is also Texas.
joshuajim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:44 PM   #10

We bought 2015 Cedar Creek 38CK. 41’ We L O V E it and hope to take good care of it so it will keep us happy for many many more years. We live in it 3 months in the winter for 3 years in the South. Traveled across country to CA from MA. Plus we let extra company stay in it for 2 months in the summer in our yard. We pull it with a 2016 Chevy Silverado 3500 High Country Diesel Allison transmission. Small adjustments made with dealer. No problems. I love this forum for knowledge and ideas. But there are many good experiences out there and it’s good to hear them. Safe travels and enjoy life.
alicemerrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 03:52 PM   #11
ARLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnshoe View Post
I have to say that over the last 3 years not only Foresr River, but the folks at Meyer's RV in Bath NY have taken excellent care of me and my unit!
Meyers has always been good. Mark cares about his customers, When Camping world took his store over, everything plummeted. When Mark re-opened, thingts got much better.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:14 PM   #12
Just as confused as you

I've had my trailer since August 2013 and never had anything happen for a need to get service from my dealer. Though it has been on a seasonal site all year since it was delivered and set up.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:27 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuajim View Post
Except for the 2 plants near Los Angeles... and then there is also Texas.
That's why I said "nearly".
There's a couple of factories in Oregon.

Never heard of a Texas factory.
What brand and where in Texas?
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:59 PM   #14
Bene Gesserit Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Great to hear.

We'd have to concur. We are bumping up on 2-1/2 years with our latest FR product and both our dealer (B&R Camper Butler, PA) and FR have gone beyond the mark to satisfy us with the few issues we've encountered, both in and out of the warranty period.
Me too, can't complain after 2 1/2 years of ownership. Main reason... I'm the one who also receives the complaints. There is no one else to complain to.
Murbella7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:10 PM   #15

FR Crusader

I have nothing but praise for FR. Had a Coachman Freedom Express for 5 years and never had any problems. Only thing was I replaced the tires after 50,000 KM (30,000 miles).

Now have a Crusader 5'r and had a problem with nose cone fading. FR gave me the name of a couple of local dealers and covered the full cost of repainting without a complaint. Had to replace tires after 20,000km (14,000 miles) but from what I hear that is a common problem with all manufacturers using china tires.

Very happy with my Crusader.
2016 Crusader 295RST (5th wheel)

Camped 80 days in 2016, 42 in 2017, 42 so far in 2018
Ontario Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #16

have a 2700ds class c

Had 3 issues none related to the build of my mh Forrest River did a great job building it. 2 years down the track no leaks no issues.

The 3issues
Aircon failed in first trip (bugger it was 95 in Tennessee) sorted when we got back to Longview in CT
Propane regulatory failed . Sorted at campground (cherry hill MD) FR reimbursed
Furnace turned bigfoot leveling system on
This was interesting as no one knew what it was. Sorted after a couple of months. Hairline crack in the ceramic surround on the igniter. Thanks to dealer FR and bigfoot.
Note to this issue as soon as I posted the problem and fix lots said we have the same. Obviously no one had the balls ( if that is the right word) to follow the fault though

Bottom line owners to dealers cause more issues than the manufacturer. Find a good dealer then you are ok . Also you need to make a report with them.
So many whiners
knoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #17

By the same logic I was taken well taken care of by my Ram dealer and Ram. My 2500 diesel was in the shop 22 times in four years. I never paid a cent! Zero! I did have to get a ride To work and FROM work 22 times in 4 years. Not many friends left. Bought a Ford 3500 SD in January. Ford has never taken care of me NOR has my dealer. Because NOTHING has broke nor has a CEL occurred. Almost 8K miles. Hmmmmm I should go back to Ram.... NOT! (I do miss that whistling turbo on long grades tho).
Old 06-14-2018, 06:25 PM   #18

[QUOTE=BigRockr;1840716]By the same logic I was taken well taken care of by my Ram dealer and Ram. My 2500 diesel was in the shop 22 times in four years. I never paid a cent! Zero! I did have to get a ride To work and FROM work 22 times in 4 years. Not many friends left. Bought a Ford 3500 SD in January. Ford has never taken care of me NOR has my dealer. Because NOTHING has broke nor has a CEL occurred. Almost 8K miles. Hmmmmm I should go back to Ram.... NOT! (I do miss that whistling turbo on long grades tho).[/QUOTE

Trust FORD any day
knoddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:57 PM   #19
Lorenc

Extremely happy with my 2014 Surveyor
SV34RLTS and with Circle K RV in Lapeer,
Mich . Great service the very few times I needed it!
lorenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:23 PM   #20

So far so good for us. This is our first FR product, and so far only one issue (door guide broke). I emailed FR and a week later the replacement part came in the mail free of charge and took me five minutes to replace. When we had our last trailer (keystone) we covered it for two years when not in use. 1.5 years after purchasing it new, the front cap was fading. Keystone offered 1500 to help with a 5000 paint job, this was after they denied my dealer and I reached out directly. They told me the paint was covered from 2 years from date of manufacture not date of purchase. Our solution was to trade it in on our new FR.

Unfortunately they’re (most manufacturers) are cranking out campers to meet the rising demands.

Tags
forest river