Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2020, 12:34 AM   #1

Access to the BR & Bath in a Flagstaff 25FKS

This question is for those who have a camper with a slide that does not allow full access to the camper without the slide being at least partially out. We're pretty close on deciding to purchase a new 25FKS. It has the floor plan, length and weight we want. For those with restrictive access, any regrets?
aufinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 02:58 AM   #2
Retired ex pat Brit

Hi there, we purchased our 25FKS knowing restricted access was an issue, but everything else was a perfect match for us so proceeded anyway. No regrets at all, in fact the features on the trailer meet our needs perfectly. Between the outside griddle and twin burner, we have never used the inside kitchen, and my wife loves the reclining chairs (heated and vibrating). We hear all the horror stories about build quality, and haven't had a single issue - not one. We have already been on 5 trips since we picked it up in May this year.
MaddBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 07:15 AM   #3

It is up to you.

We love the option of using OUR toilet at rest stops, lunch stops, and fuel,stops.

Not a big deal.

Also access to the fridge rated high for the DW.
tomkatb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 08:17 AM   #4

When we bought our current TT a few years ago I was concerned about the limited access to the bathroom and bedroom when the slide was in. Our previous trailer had full access with it in so I was used to that. But it really isn't an issue. If we put the slide about half way out we can get past the kitchen counter into the rest of the trailer without a problem. And since all you have to do to put it out is press a button we haven't run into any situations where we couldn't put it out at least enough to get through. If it's a temporary stop I just watch where I park and I'm fine. So bottom line if you like the rest of the trailer don't let that one issue steer you away from it.
Draggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 09:48 PM   #5

Thanks for your input. I put a deposit on it today.
aufinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:33 PM   #6

We owned a trailer where we couldn’t get into the bathroom with the slide out pulled in and hated it. We traded it in when we only had it for about a year. Our current trailer is a Rockwood 2608BS. It has 2 slides and 2 doors. When the slides are pulled in, we can get into the bathroom and bedroom through the rear door and the kitchen with refrigerator and table through the front.
2012 Ford F-150 Eco-Boost
2021 Ford F-250 Super Duty
OscarsMom2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 10:46 PM   #7

Smile Using Our Rockwood 2608BS With Slides In.

We got our Rockwood Ultralite 2608BS, the sister to your 26FKBS and are really enjoying it. We had the same concerns, but we were fortunate to actually be able to see the 2608BS in person and actually try getting in and out with the slides retracted. The only way into the bathroom is through the rear door, but I have bad knees and tend to be "a little overweight" and I have no problem getting in and out of the bathroom. With the slide retracted, we can also crawl onto the bed with no problem if we want to take a quick nap. The only drawback is that the switch for the FW pump is by the front door and reaching in through the front steps to reach it is not "user friendly". If you are getting a snack anyway while you are stopped there is no problem because you can get to the switch panel easily once you open the front steps. The kitchen is pretty much totally accessible except for the cabinets on the far left along the front wall.

As for the FW pump switch access, the pump is under the closet area and i'll be wiring a second switch mounted on the end wall of the closet right where you step up through the rear door so we will have water in the bathroom even if we don't go into the front part of the TT.

Enjoy your new TT, we sure are.

Paul & Sherida

Paul & Sherida Hodel and Coco Chanel, the Chocolate Cockapoo and the family's prized possession!
New TT: 2021 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2608BS, 570 watts of solar + 300 AH of Battle Borne lithium batteries.
TV: 2008 Chevy Silverado 1500
GrandpaPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2020, 05:28 PM   #8

Smile Access to BR and Bath

We have the direct sister to your TT. Ours is the Forest River 2506S. We don't have issue with the slide-out access. Our TT is park at a storage facility and when we load up for travel we open the slide-out to put clothes in bedroom, toiletries in bathroom and non-perishable food items in pantry. Refrigerated and freezer items, as well as other camping equipment stored and are easily accessible with slide-out closed. If possible, upgrade your entry steps to Mor-ryde or other brand where steps are stored inside TT. This will prevent steps from damage in campgrounds that have large potholes.

Happy camping in 2021.
Old 01-20-2021, 07:04 PM   #9

We have a 25RKS where the slide out blocks the bathroom. It has not been an issue at rest stops or other places we take our breaks. We just park where it is OK to put the slideout 1/2 way out.
ewhite2316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flagstaff