Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-22-2021, 05:46 PM   #1

Adding fireplace to a 26RBWS

I’m interested in adding an electric fireplace to my 26RBWS. Has anyone completed this successfully?
Roadapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 06:54 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

I’m not familiar with your exact rig, however it seems your question is “has anyone installed an electric fireplace in a rig that never had one.

If you have a location in mind, you need to know the exact dimensions available to install an insert and how you’ll power it from an electrical outlet…..whether one exists near by, or you’ll have to install one.

That said, here’s a photo of one I installed in our Georgetown motorhome over 10 years ago. As you can see, I installed it where two drawers had been originally.
It’s slightly off center because of some equipment in behind, but gave us years of enjoyment and comfortable heat and ambiance from its appearance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	8BE3E07C-1055-4F62-B085-70F25203B4CA.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	266978  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 09:56 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadapple View Post
I’m interested in adding an electric fireplace to my 26RBWS. Has anyone completed this successfully?
My last two RVs came stock with fireplaces. In both cases they are/were on an individual circuit. I would suggest you do the same if you install one. We love having it for both the ambiance and also for the heat. We use it in lieu of the propane furnace. Set the temp and it comes on and goes off throughout the night. If you've got room to do it I would recommend it.

By the way, the dedicated circuit is just an outlet right behind the fireplace that it plugs into.
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:08 PM   #4

I would definitely put the fireplace on its own separate circuit, but what I’m really worried about is modifying the cabinet below the rv. Does Flagstaff have any cabinetry retrofit kits that could be substituted for the original glass doors?
Roadapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 10:21 PM   #5

Pardon the glare of the TV. But you can see my oem fireplace is simply installed in front of the the flat wall below the tv. The 45-deg slanted sides are just to beautify the box of a fireplace. The entire fireplace box is only about 8 inches deep.

Note, not a Forest River RV. But the project is the same regardless of RV Manufacturer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20211222_211229812.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	194.4 KB
ID:	266989  
Mikec557 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fireplace