Old 07-28-2020, 07:57 AM   #1

And yet another problem with our 2021 E-Pro

We literally just got our trailer back after using it one time and the water pump went out on the first day of dry camping. fun right? The dealership did warranty the pump but blamed it on me and not understanding the water saver device in the shower. Which is completely false. They tried to tell me that I left it on and burned the pump up. I told them that water doesn't run through that valve unless the shower faucet is on and we would have heard the pump running constantly as well. they then told me that it was caused by the outdoor shower because the faucet was left open. That was true BUT I had left the faucet on because i was so frustrated trying to get the pump to prime any way i could and being 4 hours from any repair shop dry camping and the water pump stops working on a BRAND NEW $30k trailer. Anyways I digress.... Here is the current issue. Our trailer has been in our driveway since returning from the shop and I opened the slide out last night and this happened. What is going on? Has anyone had the slide out seal join you in the kitchen? Why is this brand new trailer having so many issues? It hasn't been just the pump and this. Several small electrical issues have occurred. Does anyone know how to fix this seal issue? The dealership said they are going to have to remove part of the slide out face on the outside but I am not sure. Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200727_165149.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	261.1 KB
ID:	235028   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200727_165125.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	235029  
MrShmichaelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
Commercial Member

MrShmichaelman,

Thank you for being a part of the Flagstaff family.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconveniences that you have experienced with your new Flagstaff E-Pro. Your satisfaction is very important to us; accordingly, we invite you to contact Rayna Dimitroff in our Customer service department through the following personalized and direct link: https://www.forestriverinc.com/Direc...15455923367527.

This direct link is provided for your convenience in order that we may resolve your concerns as quickly as possible. We will strive to respond to you within 24 hours of receiving your correspondence.

Respectfully,
Forest River
ES_FR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2020, 05:06 PM   #3

Thank you for the link. Don't get me wrong its a beautiful trailer and we love it. We are just a little thrown off by all of this. Thanks again
Old 07-28-2020, 07:58 PM   #4

More pictures from opposite seal (inside cabin slide out seal) Right hand side
Left hand seal is laying on floor below sink
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200728_172021.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	232.6 KB
ID:	235076   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_172031.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	260.0 KB
ID:	235077   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_172040.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	272.0 KB
ID:	235078   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_172049.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	235079  
Old 07-29-2020, 01:18 PM   #5
NXR

What is the brand and model of the water pump?
Old 07-29-2020, 01:21 PM   #6

It's a shurflo. I can look up the model number when I get home.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:54 PM   #7

Water Saver vs Water Pump

I have an E-Pro. If your water saver is plumbed the same as mine, it tees in right at the pump inlet. This means, if the water saver valve is rotated, it allows the pump to suck air through the water saver regardless how the shower taps are set. I know this first hand after a recent frustrating 2 hours trying to prime the pump. My water saver valve vibrated part way into the "return" orientation from our drive.

Having said that, it is my understanding that those pumps are rated to run dry without burning...
Barry Allen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 02:00 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShmichaelman View Post
It's a shurflo. I can look up the model number when I get home.
these pumps do not burn out if run dry , and even if they run for days with little or no water it should not effect the pump . if you're having trouble getting pump to prime it is sucking air from somewhere . a by-pass , etc . if the outdoor shower was on but the shower nozzle closed not allowing water to escape this also would not burn up a pump , dealer is feeding you hog wash
MR.M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 06:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.M View Post
these pumps do not burn out if run dry , and even if they run for days with little or no water it should not effect the pump . if you're having trouble getting pump to prime it is sucking air from somewhere . a by-pass , etc . if the outdoor shower was on but the shower nozzle closed not allowing water to escape this also would not burn up a pump , dealer is feeding you hog wash
I believe that completely but at any rate they put a new pump in it because they said it was defective/toast. So we have a new pump now. But I have been reading that in order to actually burn these pumps up it takes a lot, especially on a newer, less used pump.
Old 07-29-2020, 06:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry Allen View Post
I have an E-Pro. If your water saver is plumbed the same as mine, it tees in right at the pump inlet. This means, if the water saver valve is rotated, it allows the pump to suck air through the water saver regardless how the shower taps are set. I know this first hand after a recent frustrating 2 hours trying to prime the pump. My water saver valve vibrated part way into the "return" orientation from our drive.

Having said that, it is my understanding that those pumps are rated to run dry without burning...
After my daughter took a bath I made sure the water saver valve was on the shower side because the technician who gave us the walk around said it was only to be turned on when you were waiting for hot water to make its way to the tap. when we were dry camping and the pump quit I tried absolutely everything to get it to prime. But thanks for reinforcing what the technician said. I will be sure to check that after towing.
Old 08-11-2020, 08:18 AM   #11

BUYER BEWARE - 2021 E-Pro Falling Apart

First off my experience does not reflect everyone else's. I am in no way claiming Forest River is at fault or builds not so good trailers.

2021 Flagstaff E-Pro 16BH

Brand New, First Owner

First post regarding trailer.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ro-212625.html

So here we go. First trip out, second day at camp, our water pump quits on us. Went home early. Took a week to get a hold of anyone at our dealership just to explain what happened. Finally make an appointment then drove it to the closest dealership, over an hour drive. They warrantied the pump. Great!

Week later i opened the slide out to start getting ready for the next trip since our first one was cut short. Slide out seals joined me in the kitchen. (see pictures below). I inspected the other inside slide out seal and it was half off and damaged. Plastic covers were also damaged on both sides. How? i have no idea. I guess from opening and closing the slide out.

Finally get all that duct taped and back in place. We get to camp and get ready to set up the bed and almost all the screws came out of one of the black leg supports (table side). Had to fix that. (see pictures below)

Standing there when the table leg support ripped off i noticed the black plastic supports for the table that the table rests on when converted to a bed were completely loose. ALL 4 OF THEM! I tried to tighten them but the screws just kept spinning. When we got home I once again tore the trailer apart and realized why this happened. They used wood screws into very thin walled aluminum square tubing. How they ever thought that would stay is beyond me. So i had to drill out the square tubing and through bolt it (see pictures below).

Next while we were camping I opened the awning and a long skinny rectangle like piece of plastic came out of the awning frame support. I looked and its the cover to cover up the wires going to the motor and LED awning light. I tried to get the plastic piece back in but the corners were ripped off and that was what help it in. I did nothing to this piece. I opened the awning it fell out. This plastic piece is similar in design to what is behind the inside slide out seal that i discovered when the seal came off and I had the same issues. The edge ripped off and I had to duct tape it back on.(see pictures below)

Then the blind on the blind on the front door came out when i tried to close it. Had to fix that. (see pictures below).

Then my wife goes into the bathroom and notices the kitchen counter is damaged (see picture). And we find a small can of bug spray on the ground and realized that the bathroom cupboard is where it came from. Then we realize the cupboard is super easy to open. One pinky finger with ZERO effort and it pops open. I then go around and check all of them. ALL BUT ONE ARE LOOSE AND EASY TO OPEN!! Im talking my 15 month old daughter can pop these open with zero effort. They couldn't even put the cupboard latch on straight (see picture). We were wondering why all of our stuff from the cupboards was always all over the ground after driving somewhere. So i had to fix that but not the damaged bathroom counter. Which my wife is pretty upset about, but who can blame her? After all this?

Let me say that we are BEYOND frustrated. In my original post I was told to email someone at Forest River and was provided a link. I emailed them and explained whats happening. It said to wait at least 48 hours for a response. its been 15 days.

The dealership we bought the trailer from says this is completely normal.

Why were so many corners cut on a $30K trailer?

We take care of our stuff. We take pride in our stuff. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma that i get compliments all the time on because I have taken such good care of it. We have not abused this trailer in any way, shape or form. We don't slam stuff around, we don't shove things. I spend way more time working on this trailer than I do enjoying it. And this is exactly why we ended up NOT buying a USED trailer!!!! We are not rich people. We couldn't even afford the warranty. We were grateful we could get approved to finance this trailer. We own our own business and we work so hard to provide our family with a good life. were good people. and we want our money back. Does anyone know of a good consumer protection attorney? Nobody cares after you buy the trailer but when they are selling it to you its everything. Our sales guy said over and over, "You are getting the Cadillac of trailers!" Thanks for reading.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200727_165125.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	236350   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200728_172049.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	276.0 KB
ID:	236351   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_103304.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	265.7 KB
ID:	236352   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_103505.jpg
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	236353   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_164027.jpg
Size:	214.8 KB
ID:	236354  

Name:	20200810_122940.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	236360   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_122958.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	168.4 KB
ID:	236361   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200811_055719.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	179.7 KB
ID:	236362   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200809_084854.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	236363   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200810_164001.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	236364  

Old 08-11-2020, 10:50 AM   #12

Quote:
First off my experience does not reflect everyone else's. I am in no way claiming Forest River is at fault or builds not so good trailers.

2021 Flagstaff E-Pro 16BH

Brand New, First Owner

First post regarding trailer.

https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ro-212625.html

So here we go. First trip out, second day at camp, our water pump quits on us. Went home early. Took a week to get a hold of anyone at our dealership just to explain what happened. Finally make an appointment then drove it to the closest dealership, over an hour drive. They warrantied the pump. Great!

Week later i opened the slide out to start getting ready for the next trip since our first one was cut short. Slide out seals joined me in the kitchen. (see pictures below). I inspected the other inside slide out seal and it was half off and damaged. Plastic covers were also damaged on both sides. How? i have no idea. I guess from opening and closing the slide out.

Finally get all that duct taped and back in place. We get to camp and get ready to set up the bed and almost all the screws came out of one of the black leg supports (table side). Had to fix that. (see pictures below)

Standing there when the table leg support ripped off i noticed the black plastic supports for the table that the table rests on when converted to a bed were completely loose. ALL 4 OF THEM! I tried to tighten them but the screws just kept spinning. When we got home I once again tore the trailer apart and realized why this happened. They used wood screws into very thin walled aluminum square tubing. How they ever thought that would stay is beyond me. So i had to drill out the square tubing and through bolt it (see pictures below).

Next while we were camping I opened the awning and a long skinny rectangle like piece of plastic came out of the awning frame support. I looked and its the cover to cover up the wires going to the motor and LED awning light. I tried to get the plastic piece back in but the corners were ripped off and that was what help it in. I did nothing to this piece. I opened the awning it fell out. This plastic piece is similar in design to what is behind the inside slide out seal that i discovered when the seal came off and I had the same issues. The edge ripped off and I had to duct tape it back on.(see pictures below)

Then the blind on the blind on the front door came out when i tried to close it. Had to fix that. (see pictures below).

Then my wife goes into the bathroom and notices the kitchen counter is damaged (see picture). And we find a small can of bug spray on the ground and realized that the bathroom cupboard is where it came from. Then we realize the cupboard is super easy to open. One pinky finger with ZERO effort and it pops open. I then go around and check all of them. ALL BUT ONE ARE LOOSE AND EASY TO OPEN!! Im talking my 15 month old daughter can pop these open with zero effort. They couldn't even put the cupboard latch on straight (see picture). We were wondering why all of our stuff from the cupboards was always all over the ground after driving somewhere. So i had to fix that but not the damaged bathroom counter. Which my wife is pretty upset about, but who can blame her? After all this?

Let me say that we are BEYOND frustrated. In my original post I was told to email someone at Forest River and was provided a link. I emailed them and explained whats happening. It said to wait at least 48 hours for a response. its been 15 days.

The dealership we bought the trailer from says this is completely normal.

Why were so many corners cut on a $30K trailer?

We take care of our stuff. We take pride in our stuff. I have a 2006 Toyota Tacoma that i get compliments all the time on because I have taken such good care of it. We have not abused this trailer in any way, shape or form. We don't slam stuff around, we don't shove things. I spend way more time working on this trailer than I do enjoying it. And this is exactly why we ended up NOT buying a USED trailer!!!! We are not rich people. We couldn't even afford the warranty. We were grateful we could get approved to finance this trailer. We own our own business and we work so hard to provide our family with a good life. were good people. and we want our money back. Does anyone know of a good consumer protection attorney? Nobody cares after you buy the trailer but when they are selling it to you its everything. Our sales guy said over and over, "You are getting the Cadillac of trailers!" Thanks for reading.

Welcome to RVs. I have owned 3 and they all have issues. 30k is for a house rolling down the road. Things break.

Fit and finish on both flagstaffs have been reasonable ... our Thor was not as good

I tell anyone that buys an RV. If you donít like to work on things buy an air steam or a super high end super c /pusher

My tv was doa. The toilet collected waste and had to be replaced. My cabinet doors donít stay shut and all drawers need to be reworked. I paid 18k and didnít want to spend 60k on an airstream

Also most rv parts are used in all brands. The doa water pump could have been problematic in any brand

Slides are tough in any brand at any cost. My Thor class A leaks are the slide and has a parasitic drain on 12v. Just have to deal with it
antilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:05 AM   #13

I don't believe you just have to deal with it. You are going to get responses like that. Unfortunately, these are built using a per piece pay scale meaning the faster one puts a trailer together the more one gets paid. Most builders don't have a quality control dept. That being said, what is the dealer going to do about this? They most likely charged a prep fee. I would keep trying with Forest River or if there is an independent repair place around you. You paid good money for the trailer and should get a good trailer. I hope you can get satisfaction from your dealer or Forest River. If you cannot, poor reviews on social media are getting results these days.
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:11 AM   #14

I'msorry but I dont get it. I've been around trailers my entire life. Never ever have I experienced anything close to this. My parents trailer is 18 years old. They have never had an issue. My grandparents motorhome, travel trailer or cab over camper never fell apart like this or had been poorly designed. To put a wood screw into thin walled aluminum is a joke. I've built teardrop trailers and worked with aluminum building signs for shopping centers. Yeah I get the water pump was a fluke. But the cheap plastic coverings that fall apart after 3 days is BS. This trailer is brand new. The cupboard latches were not even put on straight. That has nothing to do with it being a home on wheels. Its about building something that a company can take pride in. Something that's going to keep customers coming back and bragging about the quality product. As a business owner myself I have to produce a good product in order to eat. Plus I have pride.
Old 08-11-2020, 11:14 AM   #15

The dealarship is so hard to get a hold of. But they basically washed their hands after we signed on the dotted line. I have no problem fixing stuff and making things stronger. I just wanted people to know what we are going through because we had zero idea it was going to be like this. And if we could show someone what they might be getting into maybe they'll make a more informed decision. Thank you for the reply
Old 08-11-2020, 11:45 AM   #16

I would post the dealer's name to make sure others stay away. I would also inform the dealer you are going to post negative reviews every place you can and especially with Forest River. Is there another dealer that would be willing to do the warranty work??
KKonyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:59 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKonyha View Post
I would post the dealer's name to make sure others stay away. I would also inform the dealer you are going to post negative reviews every place you can and especially with Forest River. Is there another dealer that would be willing to do the warranty work??

Well if ya gonna RV you have a choice. Work on it yourself or have it in the lot getting worked on. I donít buy extended warranty as I would rather camp then have anyone touch my stuff or to have a camper sit and wait on parts. To each his own
antilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #18

I honestly think that people might be better off buying a used unit that has had most of these kinds of problems fixed either under warranty or by previous owner. Which is kinda sad
StrangeBird22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:13 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
The dealarship is so hard to get a hold of. But they basically washed their hands after we signed on the dotted line. I have no problem fixing stuff and making things stronger. I just wanted people to know what we are going through because we had zero idea it was going to be like this. And if we could show someone what they might be getting into maybe they'll make a more informed decision. Thank you for the reply
Did you know that you can use independent RV shops or mobile RV tech? You just have to get pre-approval from FR and be willing to be reimbursed.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 12:26 PM   #20
Pickin', Campin', Mason

I often say finding the right dealer is often as important as finding the right R/V.

I'm not discounting in any way the quality of workmanship of some of these units from the factory. It is a total disgrace for something that is built in the USA.

On the other hand, the factory cranks them out and depends on the dealer to handle issues on delivery or within the warranty period. Then the other 'unfortunately' comes into play.... most dealers don't really care. They are not bound by the same principals as automotive dealers and for most part, once they get your money... see you later.

That's why I always advise... unless bottom dollar is your only interest... find a dealer who will help you through your issues. They are to be your 1st line of communication to the factory. You need to do your homework BEFORE purchasing. Don't rely on the salesman's word... they will tell you ANYTHING to make a sale. Visit the service department, talk with the service manager/technicians and the parts guys. Get a feel for what you'll be up against if you have problems.

To the OP... if you've exhausted your communication through the chain of command at the dealer, have you contacted the factory personally via email? (you mentioned a link) There is contact information for every FR division on their web site. You might try calling them. Things can get lost in cyberspace.

And as mentioned, mobile techs are a good alternative. (and sometimes a better primary!)
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.

Days Camped: '17=30 '18=51 '19=58 '20=98
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote