RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 07-25-2019, 10:07 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Lou View Post
so your saying to drive there...which I could...I'll definitely put some thought into in...thanks again...if its saving me money...ill probably do it..
Check RVW prices for the Geo Pro version and RV One prices for both Geo Pro and E Pro.
RVW will meet you anywhere in between, to save money on delivery costs. RV One has pick-up available in Iowa.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
4pt Equal-i-zer WDH and 1828lbs of payload capacity
bikendan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:26 PM   #22

I went to couch's RV nation online...they don't carry geo pros...could you please tell me where you went?
New Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:28 PM   #23

Thanks..that was fast. You guys are great!...im going to check it out now
Old 07-25-2019, 11:12 PM   #24

found a wholesaler in Lakewood Ohio. Its called RV wholesalers. 15,000 for the geo pro 15tb
Old 07-25-2019, 11:20 PM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
I went to couch's RV nation online...they don't carry geo pros...could you please tell me where you went?
Lou, I said RV ONE, not RV Nation. They are also known as RV Direct.
I bought our Rockwood Roo from a family-owned dealership, House of Camping, in the Chicago area. They have great prices and are a great place to buy from.
They carry Geo Pros.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 SCREW XTR 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Old 07-25-2019, 11:20 PM   #26
Site Team

Quote:
found a wholesaler in Lakewood Ohio. Its called RV wholesalers. 15,000 for the geo pro 15tb
That's the RVW I mentioned.
The co-owner is a member here and often helps out our members here.
Old 08-06-2019, 02:19 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeCamp View Post
Hello,
We just ordered a Flagstaff E-Pro 15TB sight unseen from the factory.
Would like to hear Likes and Dislikes from the Owner's on this Model.
Any Problems, Modifications or Helpful Hints?
We're hoping we made the right choice.
I understand that the Rockwood Geo Pro 15TB is essentially the same trailer with different badging.
Dan
Congratulations on your new purchase @HomeCamp! I hope you enjoy your new trailer when you receive it.

We just purchased an E-Pro 14fk a week ago. The dealer had the 15TB on the lot, and my husband really liked it because of the larger bed and additional overhead cabinet space. Other than that, and a larger storage hatch at the back, the front portion of both models is the same. I thought it was nice too, but, since downsizing from our current 17' TT was my goal, we weren't saving as much weight with the 15TB. So, we took home the 14fk.

We slept in it on our way back to TN (we bought it in MI), and it was very comfortable. Usually cushion beds are meh... in little TTs, but this unit has thick, nicer quality, foam in them.

We are taking it for a little shakedown trip in the Smokys in a couple days. If we have any loves or hates from the experience I'll share them here.

The only mods I've done are tacking up Command Hooks and a paper towel holder, and this morning I installed shelves in the closet. Other than that I only intend to remove the water purifier.

But, so far, I LOVE this little camper!
Oldbears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #28

GeoPro 15tb

I bought my 15tb in July, and pull it with a 2017 Tacoma Dbl Cab, 4x4, 3.5L, and the tow package. This set up is supposed to be rated for 6500#. I added a WDH when purchasing, and my truck pulls it fine except for the mileage. I drop to 10 - 12 mpg when towing! I put the truck in S4 so it doesn't search for gears, and sometimes use the ECT for tow mode. I don't go fast, usually 55 -65 mph depending on terrain and climate factors. Any way I pull I get the same. Normal mileage is 19 - 21 mpg. I'm rethinking my tow vehicle to be a F150, 3.5L EB, 3.55 axle.

The only problem I've had is the inverter was bad. I kept having trouble with electric hookup, and the breakers tripping. In September the inverter went out, and had to be replaced. This was warranty work, so Great there. But I was without electric for a week until I got back to dealer.

A couple minor mods:
1 - I took the table out, and bought a smaller one.
2 - I rigged a board at the back of the benches so I have a single bed going East - West in the camper. That way I have my bed, and two small seating areas on the couches. The small table sets up in there nicely.
3 - I added large throw pillows for behind your back when sitting on couches.
4 - I also leave the ladder home! Don't need it, and it covers the rearview camera that I added.

What would I wish was different? A two burner stove top rather than three, and a larger sink. This trailer has a huge stove top, and tiny sink. Very hard to do the dishes in that sink, so I boil H2O for larger wash tub, and do the dishes outside. I grew up with a Coleman stove, and 2-burners is plenty. I don't use more than one at home!

It's a nice compact camper for me and my dog. I think it will be great once I understand some areas, and decide on a tow vehicle. I need to learn more about using solar, batteries, inverter, etc.

I got a little long here, but some thoughts after using for a couple months.
gp1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:45 PM   #29

GeoPro 15tb and Tacoma truck.

I also added a Fantastic Fan and cover. This is the GREATEST addition! Pulls air through the camper with the windows open even a little bit. Only time I used AC was a day I got back to camper, and it was super hot and sitting in direct sun. Otherwise this fan keeps camper cool and comfortable.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GeoPro 15tb.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	220173  
gp1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 11:01 AM   #30

Hey all... just put an order in for a 15TB!!! Super excited... and super new to the whole RV world!

What size ball does the 15tb use (2" or 2 5/16") and does anyone know the level height of the non-offroad tongue (top)? Just looking to get the Gen4 4Runner setup so I don't have to spend all day at the dealer.
BunnyCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 07:52 AM   #31

I emailed Flagstaff... The ball size is 2-5/16” and the Coupler Traveling height is 21”. Hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2020, 11:42 AM   #32

Extreme Temp Camping and Maneuverability

Hey everyone. I am a medical student and will be doing rotations around the country 4th year for my audition rotations. My wife and I were thinking about buying the 15TB for me to travel around and sleep in while I am away from home so that her and the kids could stay put and they wont have to move every 4 weeks. I know its small but I lived in my car for two years during the last part of highschool/first part of college so I'm decent at making a small space work. Plus I will be in the hospital most the time so this only has to work to sleep, shower/shave and make a meal. Other than that I will only be at the dining table studying. We were thinking the 15TB because it is small and probably easier to maneuver in bigger cities where size is an issue. Am I correct in assuming this one would be easier to maneuver? My only experience with travel trailers is a 5th wheel we used to have before I came back to school. It was a beast that we only really used to take to the coast and camp for a week or two at a time.

Also, how is the winter/summer extreme type temperature performance with this trailer? The dealer I spoke with called it a "Four seasons", but from my experience sales people will say just about anything to make the sale and as I understand it that term is thrown around rather loosely by dealerships. Would this camper be considered four seasons, or does it perform satisfactory in the extreme temps but isn't really a four seasons? I don't know where I will end up during the dead of winter or scorching heat of summer. I would rather not be busting pipes and forced to do a dry type camping set up when I am trying to get ready to leave for the hospital at 4 in the morning in Chicago or something along those lines. Thanks for all the help. I know I have a ton of questions and I appreciate all of your time and responses.
paramedic.dahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #33

Forgot to mention

Sorry I realized it might help with the maneuverability question to mention I will be pulling it with a 2000 Ford F150 5.4L 4X4. Its worked well pulling in the past, so I don't foresee that it would be an issue.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:27 PM   #34
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedic.dahl View Post

Also, how is the winter/summer extreme type temperature performance with this trailer? The dealer I spoke with called it a "Four seasons", but from my experience sales people will say just about anything to make the sale and as I understand it that term is thrown around rather loosely by dealerships. Would this camper be considered four seasons, or does it perform satisfactory in the extreme temps but isn't really a four seasons? I don't know where I will end up during the dead of winter or scorching heat of summer. I would rather not be busting pipes and forced to do a dry type camping set up when I am trying to get ready to leave for the hospital at 4 in the morning in Chicago or something along those lines. Thanks for all the help. I know I have a ton of questions and I appreciate all of your time and responses.
NO WAY, is that a true 4 season RV. You're correct about dealers and salespeople.
True 4 season RVs are heavy because of the higher insulating materials, like Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV.
At best, they are 3 season RVs.
There's no way I'd stay in any Rockwood/Flagstaff product, in Chicago winters. They are ultralights, which includes less insulation.
Are you planning to stay in campgrounds or stealth camping.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:06 PM   #35

Thanks for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
NO WAY, is that a true 4 season RV. You're correct about dealers and salespeople.
True 4 season RVs are heavy because of the higher insulating materials, like Arctic Fox and Outdoors RV.
At best, they are 3 season RVs.
There's no way I'd stay in any Rockwood/Flagstaff product, in Chicago winters. They are ultralights, which includes less insulation.
Are you planning to stay in campgrounds or stealth camping.
Probably a little bit of both. Just depends on proximity/availability of spots depending on which hospital I am at. I hope to mostly be stealthy just to save money, but I realize that during the hotter/colder times I will need to probably be plugged in to keep the unit livable.

When you say you wouldn't want to be in Chicago winters in this unit, do you mean as far as comfort, or would you worry about the pipes and tanks freezing? Thanks so much for the help and advice, I appreciate it.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:30 PM   #36
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by paramedic.dahl View Post
Probably a little bit of both. Just depends on proximity/availability of spots depending on which hospital I am at. I hope to mostly be stealthy just to save money, but I realize that during the hotter/colder times I will need to probably be plugged in to keep the unit livable.

When you say you wouldn't want to be in Chicago winters in this unit, do you mean as far as comfort, or would you worry about the pipes and tanks freezing? Thanks so much for the help and advice, I appreciate it.
Ultralight trailers dont have the higher insulation factors. Without skirting, hay bales and other winter modifications, you'll be freezing.
You need to do some serious research on winter camping in the colder states because an ultralight E Pro is not a wise choice. You also have factor in propane usage for the furnace.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:49 PM   #37

Towing with water tank full

Anyone have issues towing this trailer with the water tank full? We tow with a 2019 silverado 1/2 ton. Have been leary since the tank is all the way in the back but maybe it tows better full? Any opinions.
Advlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 07:52 AM   #38

We are supposed to get ours this week! From what I've heard you are not "supposed" to pull w/ the tank(s) full... the straps are not that strong. But that is just internet words... no real-world experience or actual facts.

My thought is that you are supposed to tow it to your campground and fill it up there... then park it. But I realize that isn't going to work if your water source isn't close (or you are off to boondock).

Let us know what you officially find out (FR App, email company, just try it).
Old 07-08-2020, 12:25 AM   #39

Was that your “out the door” price? Did that include taxes and fees?
Sunny Cali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 12:28 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipton8991 View Post
Deal we had was 17600.00 on 15 tb 0ff road package. Added fantastic fan. One battery. Convection microwave. Solar panel installed on roof. Ez4 weight distribution hitch, tax title, and 45 day plate.
Did you pay that with taxes and fees included?
Sunny Cali is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, beds